Virus Issue on the Benchmade forum.

Please do (everyone) a favor and scan your computers. I've been picking up repeat infections (or attempted) while reading the postings. I use Avast and am on a clean PC. I suspect one or more of us is infected and I have no idea where the source of it is coming from.

I can delete this posting once this problem is known...and Charlie, if this is something you on Blade management can address that would be welcome too.

Regards to all.

Joe

I haven't had any attempted infections, because I block all the ad's ?...

Joe. I only pick it up when visiting the G10 Griptilian thread on a certain page. The notification seems to be related to a specific image hosting site, ie, the virus is part of the image. The image hosting site is peoplehouse.org/wp-content bla bla bla (not going to give the full description here)

Thanks Marthinus, I am sure our Mod, Charlie, can do something with this. I've picked up 21 attempts to infect my PC, all unsuccessful.

Joe. I only pick it up when visiting the G10 Griptilian thread on a certain page. The notification seems to be related to a specific image hosting site, ie, the virus is part of the image. The image hosting site is peoplehouse.org/wp-content bla bla bla (not going to give the full description here)

Can you post what thread and page # so we don't go there at least?

It's not just in this subforum or a particular thread.
There quite a few embedded pictures, videos, and ad's that my software block.
It's like that in every forum on the net that allows 3rd party content.

Page 11, but I believe the below is true. I have been getting similar notifications on parts of the forum and other forums.

It's not just in this subforum or a particular thread.
There quite a few embedded pictures, videos, and ad's that my software block.
It's like that in every forum on the net that allows 3rd party content.

Dang, I must've missed that thread then. I haven't opened it and won't now.

No other problems browsing the other threads on work or home PC.

McAfee at work, AVG at home with no issue.

Thanks Marthinus, I am sure our Mod, Charlie, can do something with this. I've picked up 21 attempts to infect my PC, all unsuccessful.

PM me a link and I will review and kill the offending post. If something is embedded, it needs to be removed asap.
Thanks

Linux...no issues

Terrific for you, but how exactly is this helpful to the rest of the members that use Windows or Mac? :confused:

Linux...no issues
Terrific for you, but how exactly is this helpful to the rest of the members that use Windows or Mac? :confused:

Haha, yeah.
I use windows and have no problems, it has built in software that blocks this stuff, called tracking protection and activeX filtering. Since I started using that years ago (starting with XP), my anti-virus/adware rarely/never detects anything.

Tried Linux a few times over the years, it's good for specific tasks, but inconvenient for the casual user.

Back