Vision Blade Stud

Quickly deploying the Vision?

As a long time AutoClip user, I'm not used to the heavy duty clips used on my X-Ray. I was practicing getting it out of my pocket (and open), to see if I could improve my speed.
I was wearing loose Dockers pants that have very loose, floppy cloth pocket edges to clip on to.

Everything was going okay, then top stud (lefty stud) snagged the inside of the pocket and when the knife came out, it was already open.
(Could have had a little accident).

I'm wondering if maybe the studs (about .17") are little too tall..?..
This knife is so easy to flip open, I'm thinking about trying a right handed-only stud that's about 0.12" tall.

Comments please:
Rich<>

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your post. I carry the Night Vision and wear either jeans or Dockers. I have the tension set very loose on my knife and I have never had it open up as you have described. The thumbstud is recesses below the level of the handle. If we made it lower, it is likely that some people's thumb would not be able to grasp it.

I hope this helps a bit.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

As an experiment, I replaced the standard stud with a small SS nut and screw. I filed the end of the screw down flush to the nut, so it wouldn't rip up my thumb.
The nut is a bit small, but I've been using the it every day for 2 weeks without any problems. It's actually much easier on my thumb.
When bringing it out fast, I don't feel much drag at all now.

I think the main reason this mod works okay for me, is due
to the size of my hands/fingers. I'm a big guy, but I don't
have big hands. I find it easy to open the X-Ray and hard
to play cords on the guitar

The screw head is so small, it's hard to do a left-handed open.
However, it's very easy if I just pull back the lock and flick-it.

The one handed closing on this knife is very smooth!!
I'll never own another liner lock.
Rich<>

Rich,

I'm glad your solution worked out for you. I know what you mean about never going back to a liner lock.
smile.gif

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

Back