Visiting POLAND, need source for a Ciupaga

Hi,
I'm visiting Poland in the Fall and I'm interested in finding a quality, handmade made ciupaga.
Not the junk they sell in tourist shops but a real, blacksmith made ciupaga. I'm willing to pay top dollar for a premium example.
I'll be in Krakow and Lower Silesia area, possibly western Ukraine also. I know it's a long shot but if anyone has a source, I'd appreciate it. No luck with internet search other than a guy who goes by the nickname of PAPS. His work looks outstanding but I can't get in touch with him despite several attempts. Thanks

Last edited:
We are a small, home-based business located in Northern Michigan, USA. We hand-make and hand-forge axe-head walking sticks. They go by many different names: Ciupaga, Fokos, Valaska, Shepherd's Axe, etc. Please check us out at http://www.walkbyfaith777.com/fowast.html.

Our base price is $450 plus shipping. There are many upgrades you can choose from. If you don't see a style on our website that suits you, just send us a photo or sketch of what you want and we will give you a price quote. We do a LOT of custom work. Most walking sticks require 6-8 weeks from the time you order to the time we are shipping it out the door. If you need it sooner, let us know, and we will try to accommodate you if possible.

Thank you for your time. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Brian and Tena Otto

PS We tried to message you privately, but it would not work.

I appreciate the info but right now I'm concentrating on getting a Polish example. I live in the thumb area of Michigan and I'd probably stop by the next time I get out your way. Looks like you do some nice work

Back