V'nox SAK Med Pioneer vs Soldier

The Pioneer is the civilian version with the scalloped shield, the Soldier is the standard issue of the Swiss Army with the Swiss Army Shield.
The Soldier has a dated blade but the Pioneer does not, however its common to see Pioneers with "03" dated blades probably due to extra stock.
The Pioneer comes with a key ring while the soldier does not.
I suppose the difference in price is because of the keyring.

I honestly do not understand the Soldier's lack of a keyring. You'd think the Armed Forces would want a keyring on there. :confused:

Does the Soldier have a thicker blade than the Pioneer? I believe its blade it thicker than a "normal" SAK, whatever that measurement is.

From what I have seen the Pioneer has a more polished finish and no year mark but is otherwise the same as the Soldier.

Here's a couple of pictures of mine, in the first picture the top knife is a Victorinox Soldier with keyring (yes, there is a version with keyring), the other two knives are Wenger Standard Issue (note the shackle).

In the second picture are all my alox SAKs, the red ones are Farmers which are like a Pioneer with saw (three backsprings), other than the saw the blades are the same as in the soldier but more polished and without the year mark.

Luis

SAKalox2.jpg

SAKalox1.jpg

MSCantrell said:
Does the Soldier have a thicker blade than the Pioneer? I believe its blade it thicker than a "normal" SAK, whatever that measurement is.

It is thicker than a cellidor SAK blade, but the same as a Pioneer or any other 91mm Alox. That's why you can find Soldier blades in Pioneer bodies.

Back