W.D.Butcher reproduction (pic's-Yes Donna is in them)

Got this one finished up last week and got Donna to model with it.I still have to get the sheath made for it though but i am waiting on the Nickel silver to arrive to finish it.
What do you guys think?Did I get close?

Sep23_03.jpg

Sep22_13.jpg

More pictures here:
http://www.beknivessite2.homestead.com/wdbutcherreproduction.html

Dang, that's a healthy ...er...knife. Great work.

Bruce I think you better start over. Meahwhile, you can send the first one to me for proper disposal.

:cool:

Actually, that's excellent. I think I need that book! Is that what they call a dog bone handle?

Dave

Yes Dave.This is the octogon shaped Dog Bone handle,the ferrule is a two piece pressed and then silver brazed piece slipped over a cut down in the handle so it fits tight to help hold the ebony on.it was a bugger to get done correctly but it let the Knife balance just in front of the guard.It's cool doing them like this as you don't have allot of weight at the handle...
Bruce

Bruce That is a very nicely done reproduction. It looks like you got it right in every detail. Donna looks good too.

Thanks for the great comments everybody.I wish my knife looked as good as Donna:D
Oh well I will keep trying:p
Bruce

I had the joy of handling that and some others that Bruce is working on, and all I can say is that the pics don't do the pieces justic. As for the ballance, they have to be held to be beleived.

Xrayed,This is a framed handle construction.The ferrule is hollow and slides over the wood but is flush with the wood so I had to make a cut down in he wood,this holds the scales on along with the pins that go all the way through and are left raised.The buttcap is glued on then has two pins that are domed and nailed into the scales as the original was done.
Bruce

Another beauty!
And the knife aint half bad either!
;)
:D
Maybe you should do a tutorial on "How to pick a wife" for the young guys!
(I may be able to help with that one...Tuesday will be my 25th wedding anniversary...Off to look for a silver fruit knife!)

Hey, type up that tutorial quick. I'm lonely here. ;)

Beautiful knife(both the picking of a blade to repro and the execution are amazing).

Donna, you look great. Make sure Bruce never forgets how lucky he is to have you.

Tip of hat to both of you. Though it looks a lot less impressive with this ballcap than if I had a fedora. ;)

Thanks guys..Yes I know how lucky I am:cool: Donna is a great Woman and is a treasure you don'tt find just anywhere.I just can't help but Love her Forever.
Bruce

Beauty of a knife. Very nice. How do you get the wife to model? Maybe I could talk Tess into it. Wait, better wait till after the baby. Whoops, crap, that was a secret we just found out about:eek:

Congratulations J. But better not let her know you let us all know on here if y'all just found out. coworker was busy crying on boss's shoulder earlier this week because she found out her mom told rest of family about pregnancy before she could. stay outta trouble. ;)

Thanks everybody...
Hey J....It is simple,since all ladies like to feel cute and sexy.I just buy her the cute and sexy clothes and don't fuss when she wears them out somewhere.But if you are like me you like to feel proud of your lady and get a little puff in the chest when guys look and you get to say that is my wife ain't she gorgeous...
Congratulations on the Baby:cool:
Pregnant ladies are just as beautiful as they were before they got pregnat in my mind...Make sure you let her know that she is still pretty and not fat just creating a new life.
Good Luck,
Bruce

Back