W2 Mango Chef

Matt Behnke

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here's my recent build. Been playing around with kitchen knives, so this will be my personal knife to test and abuse the next few months. It's got an 8" blade, W2 steel, and stabilized curly mango handle with stainless fittings. Let me know what y'all think!

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

Thank you! Yeah I'm pretty happy with that tapered tang, warped pretty bad after heat treat, but we got 'er straight again!

Love the knife! I, too, am especially fond of the tapered tang. Great craftsmanship.
Allan

I really like the neutral color palette on that knife, to say nothing of the *very* functional looking & pleasing design (lots of heel clearance, slightly rounded heel to not poke you, plenty of flat edge for chopping but enough belly to rock, forge finish above the flat grind that lines up with the top/bottom of handle). No hi-contrast neon glaring colors demanding attention. Well done, amigo!!

I really like the neutral color palette on that knife, to say nothing of the *very* functional looking & pleasing design (lots of heel clearance, slightly rounded heel to not poke you, plenty of flat edge for chopping but enough belly to rock, forge finish above the flat grind that lines up with the top/bottom of handle). No hi-contrast neon glaring colors demanding attention. Well done, amigo!!
Thanks for that feedback, really appreciate it! Hope to make some more of these soon!

Back