Waddya do with a small piece of BG42?

Danbo

Platinum Member
Ya attempt to make a skeletonized necker, that's what! :)

I had a small piece of 1/8" thick BG42 layin around and decided to blatantly copy one of Tom Krein's Ultimate Caper neck knives(Ok, so Tom said it was ok). Not sure if I was able to capture the beauty of Tom's knife, but this one sure carries well and cuts good. It's also fairly evenly ground! :eek: R.J. Martin was gracious enough to heat treat this one little blade for me(thanks again, R.J.). Yes, those are Rockwell test marks on the handle, and no, I don't feel like sanding them out. ;) :) There are some scratches still going the wrong way, so it needs a tad bit of light handrubbing here and there, but it's basically finished.

Sheath was made by Tom Krein, and like all of Tom's sheaths, it's a perfect fit. Opinions, please. Don't hold back, I can take the heat. :)

I think it looks pretty dang good. Your deck however......;) :D
Now, where's Garsson????

First knife I've seen with the 'Unger' mark. Not surprised, it's very nicely done! Did Randy touch up the edge for you...?? :eek: :eek: Scary.

Attaboy. Double the OAL length on an Unger Bowie, and show us that next...! :D

Coop

Looks good, but you had Felix Unger make your knife?;)

Some nice wenge wood would finish up those handles nicely!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

First knife I've seen with the 'Unger' mark. Not surprised, it's very nicely done! Did Randy touch up the edge for you...?? :eek: :eek: Scary.

Attaboy. Double the OAL length on an Unger Bowie, and show us that next...! :D

Coop

No, R.J. only heat treated the blade. I still had to finish grind it afterwards. Once I had it close to done, Tom Krein put the edge on it, after he made the sheath. Pretty sharp, this one is.

Bowies are going to have to wait a little while. I'm still getting used to making the little ones.

This is the second blade I have seen with the 'Unger' maker mark. They seem to be getting bigger and better!! Keep up the good work, Danbo. :thumbup:

Back