Wallet Comparison Picture Request

I've been carrying a SBL medium bifold for a couple of months now. I love how the wallet looks and feels (especially since the leather has started to soften a little), but it is a bit on the thick side. It's also big enough such that it doesn't share space comfortably with my other front pocket residents (phone, keys, and knife, of course).

So, I've been considering getting an ID wallet or maybe small bifold, but I can't really visualize the size well just based on the listed measurements. If someone who has a medium bifold and an ID wallet or small bifold could load them up and take a couple of side-by-side shots, I'd appreciate it. I typically carry 8 cards (drivers license, work ID, ATM, 3 credit, 3 insurance) and 5-10 cash bills. So if you could load the wallets with similar counts, that would be awesome.

Thanks.

If I knew how I would. I rode the short yellow bus to school when it comes to computers. Can one upload them from an iPhone?

Sorry. I don't have an iPhone and don't really know how to upload pictures from it. If you can upload to them to an online photo hosting site (eg. Flickr, Picasa, etc.), you can embed them in posts here. Just put them between an IMG tag. In the posting text, it would look like:

[ IMG ]http://some.web.server/picture_name.jpg[ /IMG ]

(remove the spaces before and after the "IMG" text - I put them there so the forum software wouldn't interpret them as actual images)

That would be fine too. I've e-mailed (via the forum) you my email address. Thanks.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but here is my ID Wallet.

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

I have a few pieces of paper and a couple laminated cards behind my license and two cards in each slot on the back (with a business card between each card to prevent the card-on-card rubbing).

SBL lists the outside dimensions of the ID wallet as 4 1/8" X 2 7/8" (which is accurate by my measurements) and the medium bi-fold is listed as 4 1/2" X 3 1/2. So the ID wallet has just a slightly smaller footprint - the real difference is going to be the thickness. My wallet with contents described above (no cash in at the moment) is about 7/16" at the thickest point, although it's kind of a difficult thing to measure.

I'm considering getting a medium bi-fold, so I can post up some comparison pics if/ when that happens. It really is a great wallet.

Thanks all that replied (a couple sent them via e-mail). If it's cool with them, I'll re-post the pictures to this thread (crediting them, of course) so others can see the side-by-sides.

It looks like I'll be ordering the ID Wallet soon... after I recover a bit from Christmas expenses...

Back