wallet copy of CA knife law

Hello

I live in California and I was wondering if anyone carries around a copy of the knife laws in your wallet in case you were to be pulled over and/or questioned by a police officer. If so what would it include? (which laws or codes for CA) I'm mainly concerned with concealed folders. Just a copy of 653k and 626.10 since I go to school or would you include more? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ryan

I also live in Kali (actually not by choice), but I dont carry the laws around. Might be agood idea, though. Stinky

I keep copies of the city and county ordinances in my beltpack because LA has a <3" restriction for carry in plain view. Most LEOs don't know the local knife law, so carrying a copy helps avoid problems.

You want 653k, 626.10 (B for colleges, A for k-12), and 12020 (A, 4, & C24). 12020 only covers fixed blades, but many cops don't know exactly what the PC means by "dirk or dagger" and they might try to claim that your 4" folder is prohibited there. I think everyone who carries a knife should carry the relevant PC's in their wallet, perhaps along with local ordinances as well. I've spoken to 6 SF cops and not one of them knew the law, so it is likely that you could need it. Of course, it's not a guarantee that you won't get arrested for obeying the law, but it could help.

Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try to get it all copied and pasted and printed tiny this weekend. Thanks again.

Ryan

Back