Wanted: Cutlass

Hello everyone, I am in search of a fully functional cutlass. I already own a Criswell blade (not a cutlass) that Mr. Criswell was gracious enough to tailor for me, so I would like something that is around the same quality, Price range topping out at about $500... :D

Welcome to the forums nacho.

You may want to post this in the Exchange area under Wanted to Buy.
Hope you enjoy this place and it folks at least as much as I do.

Welcome to BFC "Nacho!"

I'm going to move this thread to our Sword Forum so some of the other "sword guys" can get a crack at your question too.

For my answer, the first thing that comes to mind is
http://www.coldsteel.com
They have a very nice quality US Naval cutlass you might want to check out. Anything better will probably have to be custom.

Thanks Ken Cook! And I will definitely tell 'yall... that's right I said "'yall", about it when I get it. I'm seriously considering Al Massey to do it, and have contacted him.:cool:

Are you sure that people in Portland are allowed to say ya'll (it is a contraction). I thought there was some kind of state regulation or something.

I'm mostly from houston... Y'ALL! heh heh... Arrrgh matey, me cutlass must be had soon so I may claim... me booty?:D Oh yeah, I did check out cold steel's naval cutlass, but I don't care for the styling so much... I really want something elegant, yet tactical. Thanks though!

Hey Triton, I just checked out your site(Black and Silver! Beautiful...) and me thinks I may need a sheath for me Criswell blade... :D
They don't like us 'cause we live AFTER HOURS...

Hmmm,
"Elegant" and "Cutlass" are not two words I usually think of in the same sentence, but I could be wrong! :D

Let us know what you finally decide on, you've got me curious now.
;)

(Yeah, okay. Texas is "kinda" southern.)
GO HOGS!
LMAO!

Thanks for the kind words Nacho. I have done exactly one katana so far but right now I am working on another curvy blade a falchion. It is challenging but a lot of fun.

Back