WARNING for those Driving to BLADE

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Atlanta's traffic is FUBAR'D
No....that is not news. but this year it is especially so due to major construction projects on I-75 north and south of the city.

They are building new express toll lanes......which means they are building a new highway over/beside/between the existing Interstate.

If you are coming from the South.......near the 75/675 split you can expect long delays/congestion.

From the North (where I live :mad:) the craziness starts just north of Kennesaw and runs all the way down to the perimeter (I-285). Lane closures/lane shifts/congestion all the way down to 285.
Also, the new home for the Atlanta Braves (SUNTRUST STADIUM opening for the 2017 season) is under construction right at the intersection of I-75 and I-285 adding to already congested area.

braves_aerial1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I'll add a little time to my drive to compensate.
See you soon!

Thanks. Not looking forward to the drive. It will be worth it though. I may add time at the spa to compensate for the extra stress:D

Thanks for the heads up George. If one is coming from the east, how is traffic in the afternoon / evening coming in 85 West to 285 West? Would that be better than coming from 575 South to 75 South? There are a few different options when driving from DC and any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up George. If one is coming from the east, how is traffic in the afternoon / evening coming in 85 West to 285 West? Would that be better than coming from 575 South to 75 South? There are a few different options when driving from DC and any advice would be much appreciated.

Coming down I-85 to I-285 in afternoon should be OK, but you will stack up in the normal afternoon mess on I-285 near Roswell Road. Remember to exit I-285 to I-75 South and in that exit there is a sub-exit to Hwy 41/Cobb Parkway (go south to Cobb Galleria/Waverly)

I-575 S merges with I-75 right in the midst of the construction. I'd come in on I-85.

Thanks George!

I was down visiting my mother in Dalton, GA and then headed to Clearwater, FL for a graduation. I got caught in that mess on I-75 just south of Atlanta. It seemed even worse on the north bound side. I made sure we were more careful about travel times and routes heading back up to Dalton after the graduation.

BTW, it sucked to drive all that way from Ohio, through Atlanta only to have to leave a week before the blade show started.:rolleyes:

Safe travels to all attending the show.

ATL is a lot like Nashville... Mad Max rules. Hoping it won't be too crazy when I roll up Friday morning...

Hmm, is there a good way to get to blade? Going North from central Florida.
usually take 75 to 285 west

How is it early Saturday mornings?
Normally I would say pretty good, but sometimes they do the biggest lane closing on weekends to avoid snarling normal work week commutes.

Hmm, is there a good way to get to blade? Going North from central Florida.
usually take 75 to 285 west
You'll hit the construction mess prior to I-285. Also trucks(18 wheelers) commuting through Atlanta are restricted to I-285. Big trucks inside the perimeter are local deliveries only.
So, if you're coming through Atlanta you are better off coming straight through downtown (HOV lanes are a breeze if you've got more than one in car). If it's rush hour (weekday 6.00am-9:30am or 2:30-7:30) all bets are off.

The easiest way to get there might be to just skydive to the hotel.

Wish I was going!! Hope yall bring some cool back for sale!! haha

But awesome Hogness George!! Always good guys n gals in the Busse life willing to assist the rest of us!

Thanks George -

I was planning on cutting over to Cobb Parkway at South Marietta Parkway - does that sound reasonable?

Cobb will be a little congested but I don't think there is any construction, just the usual stoplight traffic.

best

mqqn

Thanks George -

I was planning on cutting over to Cobb Parkway at South Marietta Parkway - does that sound reasonable?

Cobb will be a little congested but I don't think there is any construction, just the usual stoplight traffic.

best

mqqn

That sounds like a reasonable plan. Cobb Parkway/ HWY 41 run parallel to I-75 all the way from the TN line.
From Acworth South, if it gets bogged down.......you can always jog over to Hwy 41 to get around any delays.

Wish I was going! Very nice of you to post this, being stuck in traffic is no fun at all. Not as bad if it's expected and you have a plan.

That sounds like a reasonable plan. Cobb Parkway/ HWY 41 run parallel to I-75 all the way from the TN line.
From Acworth South, if it gets bogged down.......you can always jog over to Hwy 41 to get around any delays.

Thank you sir!

best

mqqn

Back