warranty time?

I had to send a Buck knife to them to fix beause of blade play, they received it on February 14th, how long should I wait before contacting them about it being fixed? thanks

There's a coincidence. Buck received a knife I sent in on January 23. I haven't heard anything yet. On February 14 they were working on knives received on January 13. So, they're busy, and getting busier.

So, they're busy, and getting busier.
I'm not surprised, most of the hunting seasons are over, people in the northern climates are not getting out as much to do recreational activities...the SPA service is such a great deal, makes this time of year a good time to take advantage of it and get knives ready for spring time!

Last time I sent one in it was a 4 weeks before they checked it in and the it was 6 weeks after checked in.

Well I can tell you I've seen 8 to 10 huge package bags on a daily basis hit the store. Not all warranty but SPA services also. It's a wonder it isn't 6 months. They do an incredible job,

My point is they should put a realistic time on the website. I sent my 110 in nine weeks before a camping trip when the website stated 6 weeks it showed up after that trip. If the site would have stated 6-8 weeks I would not have sent it in.

I don't know if a live wait time is feasible. The amt changes daily that come in the mail. The lead time where I work changes daily. 2 to 6 weeks . Our customers would love to know exact time but we have no crystal ball.

I'm pleased they do it at all.
I hope they continue.
All it takes is a world full of folks with OCD and frivolous returns to get them to rethink the practice.

Doing folks a service and then hearing complaints about it is always popular too!

See the trick is ya just gotta know somebody who knows some body....... right Makael Makael ?:D:D:D:p:p. Anywho I can say that I'm glad buck offers the services they do and all of my experiences have been good including unexpected excellent service. Ya know like the time I opened the clam pack on a 110 and the flap was cut off the sheath...... idk when it happened but I posted on here joking about it and got approached and asked if I needed a new one. Not to many companies left that do stuff like that. We all have our gripes,no companies perfect but at least you don't get the run around from these guys. Trust me I HATE waiting. Just yesterday I emailed bladeops whining like a 12yr old girl cause my tracking hadn't updated. (Knife showed up this morning :D) Just be patient, you'll be happy when it comes back purddyyyyyy.

Instant gratification is become a big problem. I am guilty, but working on it.

Maybe, I don't think that is what's going on here.

I didn't notice anyone complaining about how long it takes to turn a knife around. I don't think it's unreasonable to know what's happening to a prized knife once it's been shipped off. I've taken advantage of Buck's Spa and warranty services many times over the years, and have never been disappointed. I think I remember a three week turnaround once. My current project is six weeks and counting. That's fine, I'm in no hurry. When I emailed Buck I got a prompt reply. I'm happy.

The 'crystal ball' remark aside, maybe they could just post the information they have on the website somewhere? Knowing they're opening packages from X date, and the average turnaround is Y weeks would be easy, and it'd be useful information. It'd certainly be quicker than answering dozens of "where's my knife?" emails a day.

Buck's timing is really reasonable. Let me share a few of my experiences with other knife manufacturers...

Case: Took a little over 2 months (Seahorse Whittler sent in for blade play)
Boker: Took 5 months (Boker 4000 had crack in scales replaced. Had to send to Boker USA and then it was sent to Germany, and back again.)
Puma: 3 months. (Purchased a new Bowie that had one of the scales loose. Sent back for replacement.)
Gerber: 8 weeks (Gator Premium leather sheath broke on me. Sent back for replacement.)

UPDATE: I contacted Buck yesterday via chat and was told they were checking mail from around February 10th and to expect my package to be opened some time next week. Well today I get a surprise in the mail, a box from Buck Knives with a brand new knife inside like the one I sent in. So I am happy they got it back to me in about 4 weeks give or take a few days, but it would be nice to know a package is coming since mail thieves can be bad. Thanks Buck A+ service.

If you send an email address on the warranty form Buck will send you an email with status and when shipped.

Buck does such a great job, truly one of the best companies in any industry.

If you send an email address on the warranty form Buck will send you an email with status and when shipped.

Buck does such a great job, truly one of the best companies in any industry.
They are great, I didn't have a printer to print the form but made my own using a piece of paper. I did put my email on the form tho, I guess they were just busy, alls good, love Bucks and their service.

Here's the end of my story:

vl78N7V.png

Arrived a week or so ago from Spa treatment, total elapsed time just a bit over two months. Buck did a remarkable job on this thing. It had a painful encounter with a wire wheel some time in its past, and you can barely see evidence of that now.

Last edited:
Back