• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Water cooled aluminum plates

Rusev

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Dear all,
I use these water cooled plates in my heat treat process to great effect;
pxBGEaZ.mp4
pxBGEaZ.mp4
FuclZZJ.jpg

tWemqyl.jpg

8TwePGE.jpg

8KJgGxd.jpg

G80vK85.jpg

The pictures shows, that the temperature of the plates remains constant (below room temperature). I have tested them with 7 blades in a row:
I00iLrK.jpg

Pros:
  • Convenience of use for large number of knives
  • Increased speed of work, as no time is required to wait for the blades to cool off
  • Constant Rockwell hardness for the batch
  • Minimizing warps. Can quench very thin stock without warps
NB: Beveled blades will need to be cooled with air, as not all the blade is in contact with the plates

Current pricing is $390. Shipping is calculated when I have your post code. If PayPal business is used, 6% ($24) fee is applied. Normal Swift transaction has no fee.

For the price, you get the following:
A set of CNC machined aluminum plates (9.85''/ 3.15''/ 1.6'') or 250 mm/ 80 mm/ 40 mm (the size of the plates can be adjusted to order at cost)
The plates are rubber sealed and can be disassembled for maintenance
32 feet of tubing (if some needs to be replaced with time)
Durable pneumatic connectors are installed and can be plugged or unplugged with a simple *CLIC*
The plates have mounting holes and can be installed to a vice or an arbor press horizontal or vertical

NB: The plates can operate with a simple aquarium pump, which is not included

You can contact me here or at rusevknives@gmail.com

Thanks!
Nick

Last edited:
Back