Wave Delete?

Boscobarbel

Gold Member
I posted elsewhere that I snagged a lightly used Mini Sheepdog with Micarta scales that I really like. Great ergos, like most Emersons, and I think the Micarta is a big improvement over the G10.

My only minor complaint was that the detent is pretty lousy on this flipper...if you give it a spirited shake, it will deploy. Not a deal breaker, though.

Or so I thought, until I pulled it from my pocket the other day and sliced open my finger pretty badly. The combination of that light detent and the wave feature combined to open the knife partway without me meaning to and without me noticing. So now that detent isn't just a matter or personal preference...it is actually quite dangerous.

I've seen other people advertise Emersons with the wave deleted, and now it suddenly has my interest. Does anyone know of a knife smith who would do that? I would try to tackle it myself, but the results of me and a Dremel getting together aren't always very pretty.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.....

@razor-edge-knives removed the wave from a Mini-7 and replaced it with jimping. I bought the Mini-7 from Emerson and had it shipped directly to Josh at REK who worked his magic before sending it to me. He did great work but I sold it as the my Mini-A100 saw much more use.
vZEXpBn.jpg
FAJ3cPr.jpg
CRhy7ab.jpg

Back