Waved Cara Cara

I read somewhere here that somebody put a "wave" on their Byrd Cara Cara. How was this accomplished, and are there any pictures of the process? I'm very interested in doing this to mine.

I put a wave on mine , not sure if I still have pics or not , let me look.

Ok , I do not but I can explain the process.

The most effecient way would be to use a Dremel tool and cut off disk , this is how it worked for me.

example of dremel and cut off disk
022201.jpg

Take a thin tip magic marker and mark off the area you want cut , try to imagine how it will look once it is cut and make your marks.

Clamp blade in a vise , you can wrap the jaws of the vise with duct tape or something for padding , make sure blade is nice and sturdy in there.

I took a paper towel like Bounty and soaked in cold water , wrapped around blade area so as not to transfer heat.

Do your cuts , try and be as precise as you can , your almost done !

Clean up the cut if need be with a small file and some sand paper and your done.

A good method would be to look at some wave pics and imagine your knife looking the same.
by03.jpg

wavedendura07.jpg

Can you post a picture or two of your waved Cara Cara, so I have an idea of what to expect? Maybe just a picture of it open, and one of it closed?

I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Does it work well? It looks like it might get hung up or "trapped" in the new notch? Great job by the way, looks very professional. :)

thanks, it seems to do ok, I catch it about as often as I miss it. I do see how this tears up pockets.

Well, I waved my Cara Cara. It doesn't llok like Hardheart's. It looks more like a waved Endura (more metal removed). I'll post pictures as soon as someone can tell me how :)

Back