Waveless Commander

I love the Commander blade profile and size but not sure about the wave feature. I was wandering if the Commander is available without the wave and if so where I can get one.

Rob: In my humble opinion, the Wave should be one of the major reasons you should buy a Commander. The Wave makes the Commander THE fastest opening folding knife I have ever seen or used. I highly recommend it!

------------------
"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
RFrost5746@aol.com or Robert_Frost@risknetworldwide.com

Hello!

I agree with Rob 231, but the answer to your question(as far as i know/heard) is yes, i've read that there should be a wave less Commander available.
BUT, nothing is mentioned on Mr.Emerson's website(just checked!).

I guess question remains unanswered, sorry! ;-)

Be well!/Jonas aka 2Sharp

------------------
"May all your detonations be expected"

I owned a Commander and sold it because of the wave feature. I found it too difficult to remove the knife from the pocket without the wave catching, therefore the blade was always open when removed from pocket. This is not a fault of the design, but a praise. However, everytime I removed the Commander from my pocket I did not need it open.

The Commander to me, is the epitome of the self-defense folder at the moment as it is very fast. The only time I pull it out is if I would need it to defend myself or if I am removing it from the pocket to put it away when I got to bed.

I carry a Spyderco Merlin or Endura for cutting things...reserving an always-ready, razor sharp edge for self-defense with the Commander.

I can't understand wanting a Commander without a wave. I, on the other hand am having all of my personal effects customized with a wave...putting one on my wallet so I can get my money faster, putting them on all my books so I can quickly get to the right page, on my pants legs so I can get dressed more quickly in the morning, etc. A waveless Commander...I just don't get it!!!

Hi all!

Jackstraw, like those ideas on the wave thing!!!!
I got a very good laugh, thanx!

Take care and be well!/2Sharp aka Jonas

------------------

But the Wave does not work ITWB.
frown.gif

------------------
"Women bring life into the world
and much death, for they sway the
destinies of men." -Anneas

Hi all!

ChrisJohn! i made a concealex sheath for my Commander and it keeps the knife above the waistline, this is not ITWB, but a whole lot more concealable than usual pocket carry 'cuz the clip doesn't show.

If you're interested i can e-mail you scans of it, just let me know!
(stupid me, of course it let the wave thingy do it's work too!!)

Take care and be well!/2Sharp aka Jonas

------------------

[This message has been edited by 2Sharp (edited 13 December 1999).]

Back