We are dropping like flies. Now John Powell needs some prayers. Please read.

I hope you get well soon. I will be testing a smoke collector soon and will send up lots of smoke.

Will

Gents,
Thanks for all the good wishes and thoughts.
The procedure (not the full tilt back surgery thank god) consisted of poking around in my lower spine hunting for the main sciatic nerve then injecting who knows how much steroid material. They don't use any anesthetic so it's not a lot of fun.
Pain has lessened about 40% but I still can't walk more than a few feet, use a cane, can't bend and am still in constant pain. And that's an improvement! Can still do some work, but can't go to any meetings.
I will see a accupuncturist this next week and hope it gets better bit by tiny bit. I have to be healthy enough to attend the Baltimore Arms Show in a few weeks so that's what I'm working towards.

Thanks again for everyone's interest and prayers. You're good people.

Hang tough! And don't get low and slow -- on second thought maybe that's where you are right now.

Still waiting on an apology from the Fire Chief after the last incident where I sent up smoke. Try to picture the indignance of a bedraggled soaking wet cat...

Good to hear from you 'bout the progress, JP! Hold on & we wish you speedy recovery.

Come on you guys, I'm a South African uneducated in ndn lore (or that's what I'm supposing it might be). What's all this smoke stuff? I'm in the early stages of corresponding with Yvsa, but we haven't come so far yet, that he could enlighten me & answer all my stoopid nuisance questions.

Go well, all!

JP,
CONSIDER ME YOUR "LUCKY COIN"! You will get better faster than you think!As for the ARMS S how,"done deal" you'll make it!
jim :cool:

Lucky coins, rabbitt's feet, smoke, prayers, incantations, whatever.
Just get me on the go again and not only for the Baltimore Show, but right after I'm hoping to scoot down to Florida and see my dear old Mom!

Tomorrow's newest treat: accupuncture

JVZ: Sage, tobacco, sweetgrass, and flat cedar are sacred. Sweetgrass is at time set on fire and then allowed to smolder like incense, rising along with prayers.

Since Uncle is Buddhist, and they also light incense with some of their prayers, it's generally understood on the forum that the phrase "smoke going up" means prayers are on the way.

Like lighting a candle, flying a prayer flag or bells/chimes in the wind, or a choir singing a hymn of praise.

As John so aptly put it, "... whatever. Just get me on the go again..."

Come to think of it, maybe we ought to sent him some laxatives.

Back