Way back when I had the Kabar, blade was black, with a sheath to match
Remember Friday Shivs, Duhh ha duh ha
You never thought that Nate's shop would take it this far
Knives are in the heat treat up at Pete's street
When they get made, blow up the For Sale page

And if you don't know, now you knokw

I just sold my stash of HDFKs...View attachment 949013
wpid-bewildered2.gif

I appreciate the transparency and involvement around here! There are bound to be hiccups here and there.
What I took away from that explanation is that, at this point, it hasn’t affected the overall finish time of the BC project. Even if it ultimately pushes the project completion off by a couple months, it wouldn’t bother me. And I’m sure the Carothers team would give us another “heads up” if that was going to be the case. Honesty is the foundation of integrity!
CPK has integrity!!!

I'm not canceling anything, we've just got a big logjam with heat treat right now that is effecting six or seven loads. We're continuing to produce, we're just getting hung-up at that stage of production at the moment.

We're sawing up material for the UF right now

Once the BC pre-order are all in the final finishing steps and are well underway shipping we'll open the pre-order for MC (and HC if you have some strange hankering for that). Prolly six to eight weeks from now.

We'll open a preorder for the new Field Knife 2 once the HDFK are similarly mostly out the door.

I like to do the pre-orders before we start production so I know what to produce, but we don't want to open new orders while there are too many old orders still on the books. As our runs get bigger it gets tricky because there isn't that much 3V "on hand", we get a whole billet which can add lead time, and the last thing I want to happen is the mills sit idle while we're waiting on steel to be made. I'm still working on the best way to balance this.

^ I'm not as greedy as you. I just want one in the new D3V with desert ironwood handle scales :p

That added to my already cherished Elemax one with Cocobolo handle scales = CPK-UF nirvana

I only want 2-Both in D3V, if that's greedy, Then so be it:p

As long as not both are in desert ironwood, with Bob and me would be OK(ish) with your wish :p

Sorry to crap on Nathan's thread... It's all Tommy's fault... Obviously!

Back