1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

We need more bd1n

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BITEME, May 9, 2019.

1. BITEME

BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Hey guys just got my first bd1n knife (P3 LW) it's an amazing steel, just cut a bunch of cardboard and the knife was still popping hair and cutting phonebook paper with ease- I was thinking it was going to be good ,but honestly it is my new favorite steel.....great job Spyderco, all we need now is a p2 linerless g10 with bd1n,what have you guys experienced using bd1n?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    jux t, DeadboxHero and willc like this.
  2. KAEDC

KAEDC Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I had a Blur with that i believe was BD1N for a while, nice easy maintenance stainless steel, performed great for my needs, gifted it to a friend.

3. BITEME

BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I have a purple blur with bdz1,I have had really decent experience with it ,easy to sharpen and holds good edge I modded the tip it was a tanto point and I turned it into a drop point,love that it doesn't have the recurve like my other blurs

4. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    BDZ1 and BD1N are very different steels. BD1N is nice stuff and I am glad Spyderco is gradually phasing it in, and BD1, 440C, Gin1, etc. out.

BITEME likes this.
  5. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I too just got a Para 3 LW but haven't really had the chance to put the steel to the test. Glad you're having positive results!

BITEME likes this.
  6. scott.livesey

scott.livesey

Nov 10, 2011
    Where can I buy BD1N flat stock? If I can't buy it, most knifemakers can't make knives out of it. Aldo, AKS, and SB metals are fresh out.