We need more bd1n

BITEME

Gold Member
Basic Member
Hey guys just got my first bd1n knife (P3 LW) it's an amazing steel, just cut a bunch of cardboard and the knife was still popping hair and cutting phonebook paper with ease- I was thinking it was going to be good ,but honestly it is my new favorite steel.....great job Spyderco, all we need now is a p2 linerless g10 with bd1n,what have you guys experienced using bd1n?

Last edited:
I had a Blur with that i believe was BD1N for a while, nice easy maintenance stainless steel, performed great for my needs, gifted it to a friend.

I had a Blur with that i believe was BD1N for a while, nice easy maintenance stainless steel, performed great for my needs, gifted it to a friend.
I have a purple blur with bdz1,I have had really decent experience with it ,easy to sharpen and holds good edge I modded the tip it was a tanto point and I turned it into a drop point,love that it doesn't have the recurve like my other blurs

BDZ1 and BD1N are very different steels. BD1N is nice stuff and I am glad Spyderco is gradually phasing it in, and BD1, 440C, Gin1, etc. out.

I too just got a Para 3 LW but haven't really had the chance to put the steel to the test. Glad you're having positive results!

Where can I buy BD1N flat stock? If I can't buy it, most knifemakers can't make knives out of it. Aldo, AKS, and SB metals are fresh out.

Back