WE Wasabi. Your experiences?

Search result turned up nothing. Looking for first hand experiences and thoughts on the WE Wasabi. It looks like a sexy beast, and a great user. Haven’t handled one, but have handled the things I’m considering against it.

What’s your take on this knife?

Beautiful knife thats on my radar but my collection is 85% titanium which is the only reason I might not scoop one before they're gone...also kind of learning I might enjoy more pronounced flipper tabs which is something to consider with the wasabi. I really like the polish makers clean style and wish we would get a we or reate slysz design...those coffin jack flippers are sexy.

What’s wrong with it? Lack of belly? Or...

/puts on sunglasses

...just the tip?

Just the tip. I have a Hinderer Wharncliffe that is very aggressive and I like the style. The WE has a more gently curved nose, and I cannot figure out what to do with it. It cannot be used for thrusts just cuts/slicing.

Beautiful knife thats on my radar but my collection is 85% titanium which is the only reason I might not scoop one before they're gone...also kind of learning I might enjoy more pronounced flipper tabs which is something to consider with the wasabi. I really like the polish makers clean style and wish we would get a we or reate slysz design...those coffin jack flippers are sexy.

I find I'm having a hard time buying any more titanium slab frame lock knives as well--I have so many already they have to have something about them that pops for me to get interested.

The Wasabi has a couple of things that interest me enough that I might get one, though. It's light for a big knife, and I like straight edge blade shapes for a change of pace.

Just the tip. I have a Hinderer Wharncliffe that is very aggressive and I like the style. The WE has a more gently curved nose, and I cannot figure out what to do with it. It cannot be used for thrusts just cuts/slicing.

You can't thrust it? I know I wouldn't want to be stabbed by it. And a knife that is designed/looks like it's designed for cutting and slicing isn't a negative if you ask me? :D

Oh and I wish they would have offered some variety to them, I'd totally buy a satin finish with bronze scales, but gray on gray on gray is just boring. maybe bronze scales with wood/CF inlays on front and back, or some texturing at least. But overall it looks a little bland, I like the shape but it doesn't stand out enough as it sits. I wish the Ferox would have come in a satin finish as well. I know I could mod it or have somebody mod it, but pouring a lot of time or money into a chinese production knife that I have to modify to really like it doesn't make sense too me given that there are knives I really like as is. So they get picked into the WE Knives I would like IF X,Y, Z were to be changed up.

You can't thrust it? I know I wouldn't want to be stabbed by it. And a knife that is designed/looks like it's designed for cutting and slicing isn't a negative if you ask me? :D

The Hinderer Wharncliffe can thrust and slice with the best of them. The WE looks like it would not be good at thrusting.

I love the design. Super clean lines, handsome as hell.

It's the flipper tab that bothers me. I get that it hides into the frame.
But the pointiness of it kills my finger.

Thank you all for the feedback. Soon after I posted this, I decided the Wasabi wasn’t one I’d pick up.

Back