Web Site and Contact info of Knife Manufacturers

Hello,

I am hoping you guys can help me help my father find some information on some knife companies. He is recovering from successfull stomach cancer surgery, and has decided he wants to be a knife dealer. He has been unable to find any information regarding several European knife companies, such as web site and basic contact info so that he may inquie about becoming a dealer. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a list of the knife manufacturers

Muela-Spain
Fox-n-hound-Italy
Herbertz-Germany
Hen & Rooster-Germany
Bull Dog-Germany
Fury-Spain (might be part of Muela)
Weidmannsheil-Germany

Thanks in Advance

- Buck :confused:

From what I understand, Weidmannsheil haas been out of business for about the last seven years.

Your father probably does not want to get involved with Fury knives. You may be right about them having something to do with Muela in Spain, but they are cheap knives made for Joy Enterprises, and this is a company that you want to stay away from. They are infamous for selling knock-offs.

Hen & Rooster are made by the Robert Claas Co., the same company that makes Kissing Crane knives. These are pretty good pocket knives.

You can find out more about Muela from C.A.S. Iberia, Inc.. I think they are the distributor. www.casiberia.com

Bulldog Brand Knives, (423) 894-6471

Sorry, can't help you with the rest.

*Edited to correct a typo and a spelling error.

Hi buckshotwallace, Muela knives are not made by Fury (Joy Enterprises). Some of the Muela's low end models are distributed by Joy and they just slap the Fury logo on them. CAS Iberia is also a distributor of Muela among other stuff. Muela knives are made in Spain and many models are actually very good. Here's their site:

www.muela.org

Another Spanish brand worth looking at is Aitor. They supply knives to Spain's military/police forces as well as other European military forces. Their stuff ranges from small pocket knives, SAK type folders, hunting folders and survival knives.

www.aitor.com

I hope I did not leave the impression that I was saying Muela knives were made by Joy Enterprises. Joy Enterprises do not make any knives. They have knives made for them. They have worked with Muela in the production of some of the Fury knives. None of the Fury knives are made in Spain. For the most part they are poorly made Chinese produced knives, though some are made in Seki, Japan, and are a higher quality.

It is my view that Joy Enterprises and their other company, For Cutlery, should never be supported. Once again in my opinion (and the opinion of many others), they make their profits of the theft of designs of reputable manufacturers and custom knifemakers. This is despicable and should not be tolerated.

(Climbs down of his soap box)

Back