weber razors

You guys hear about the new weber razors?

http://www.weberrazor.com/

Usually full on stainless steel handles are in the $200 market, this one's cheap. I ordered one, and am currently using a Merkur 39C Sledgehammer.
My setup is pretty basic, I don't care for fancy soaps brushes or aftercare. Heck i'll use ivory if it's convenient. The slant might be a bit too aggressive for me, to be able to go fast. I've had good shaves with it, don't get me wrong.. but something about stainless and DLC just sings to me. I've never seen or heard of a DLC coated head before.

For the price, I think this is insane. They just had another batch in the other day. I figured there would already be a post about it here but I don't see one.

ps, this isn't advertising, i'm not affiliated, etc... I can take the link off my post, but I really think people here would want to know. I've also not handled it yet - but by specs and look alone, it seems great. I should get it any day now.

I have and I'm getting one. An all stainless US made razor at that price is a bargain, and from the few reports I've seen it's a well made piece. Very similar in design to a Merkur 23c long handle, but with better materials and tolerances. I just haven't decided on what options to get yet. I'm leaning towards the less expensive dlc head and uncoated handle as I can do the handle myself in black Molyresin. An all black razor like that would be really neat, but the silver ARC and uncoated handle would be more traditional looking. I was waiting to post about them after I got one in hand and could report first hand experience.

Cool. I went with the classic handle and DLC head. It's what I preferred and was cheapest. I'm not too heavy into the DE stuff yet, don't know if i'll ever be. I think the one i've got and this one will do me just fine for now.

I'm mostly looking forward to how the handle will cut into my fingers. It'll be nice to have an SS handle over a chromed one. No matter what, it smoothes out the texturing. So as you can imagine I don't quite agree with your idea of coating one... but hey, it would look nice, you're right.

I'll likely use this thread to update my thoughts when I get it in hand.

Trust me, a blast with 80 grit media and coating with a hard flat black finish (I can control the texture roughness a bit with the airbrush pressure) and even a high lubricity coating can be made quite grippy.

This sounds interesting, thanks for making us aware.

Recently been very fed up with the plate flaking from 2 Merkur razors in under 3 years. Stainless could be the answer, but does it glide well? Nice to see this American company is eager to ship to us here in Europe and has a website set up for this, full marks there.

From some reviews I've read at B&B the razor glides at least as well as nickel plate, the lather seems to be a larger factor than the surface or finish in most cases. Some have reported that the DLC coating on all the weber razors "might feel slicker but I'm not really sure" when lather lubrication is sub-par.

I've had mine since last December. It is my favorite razor by far. The fit and finish is excellent, especially for the price.

I received my dlc bulldog yesterday. Fit and finish is fine. It is more tool like than elegant. I shaved with it yesterday evening. The only other razor I have to compare it with is a de89 barley. The weber is a more aggressive but I had no nicks, cuts, or irritation. My first impressions are very favorable.

Went online to check out the razor, and my first impression was: they posted an out-of-focus picture of their product as the first image one sees? :confused:
Web Razor.jpg
So I go thru their website, and it seems aimed prmarily at selling their handles, although they go into great detail about why DLC is superior, etc, but they have very few detailed, in-focus pictures of the DLC finish. It seems the razors are not only out-of-focus, but they are also out-of-stock. I wish they would post when they expect more, as there is no place to type in my email address for notification as to when they will be back in stock...:(

Last edited:
I don' t know why Weber doesn't get more love here. My dlc bulldog gives a great shave. They now have polished heads in stock and a newish wave type handle. I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger.

As I understand the situation, Weber has had availability and fulfillment issues which have discouraged some. I also understand their Weber razors have a reputation for being very aggressive. I, myself, am not fond of the three-piece design in general; however, I have never used a Weber razor myself.

Chuck, the only ones that were very agressive were the first prototype batch, which I think were only available for a few weeks. All the ones made in the last year or so have been the newer design which is very similar to the EJ 89/Merkur HD style head in terms of aggressiveness.

Back