Wegner-- Why Silver Clip?

Razor

Gold Member
The wegner is market as a hnting knife,why does it have a shiny clip? It is my favorite knife other than the shiny clip.A friend went into Applebes resturant and was ask to leave because he had a wenger and the manager saw the shiny clip.

------------------
Ray

Personally I love the polished steel clip. It gives the knife a very "finished" look. Additionally, Black clips get rather ratty after awhile -- polished clips always look good. It is like prefering satin finished blades to black-coated ones. If a Spyderco I bought came with a black clip, I would replace it with a polished one
ff3eb996.jpg.orig.jpg

For what it's worth, you can always get a black clip for your Wegner from SFO.

[This message has been edited by Carlos (edited 11-14-2000).]

They do not make black clips for the wegner.

------------------
Ray

Originally posted by Carlos:
Personally I love the polished steel clip. It gives the knife a very "finished" look. Additionally, Black clips get rather ratty after awhile -- polished clips always look good. It is like prefering satin finished blades to black-coated ones. If a Spyderco I bought came with a black clip, I would replace it with a polished one
ff3eb996.jpg.orig.jpg

For what it's worth, you can always get a black clip for your Wegner from SFO.

[This message has been edited by Carlos (edited 11-14-2000).]

I agree. I really prefer the shiny clip. It just looks better.

I ordered a spare clip for my Calypso jr lightweight because I stripped out the screws while switching the clip for left hand carry. The clip they sent me doesn't fit the Calypso jr
frown.gif
but it does fit the Wegner and it is black.

------------------
Dennis Bible

Originally posted by Razor:
They do not make black clips for the wegner.

Ray, have you contacted the Spyderco Factory Outlet? My understanding from Sal's previous statements is that black or polished clips for any model can be purchased from SFO. Perhaps Sal or Patti can confirm/deny this.

Dennis Bible going to send me one free.Good man.

------------------
Ray

[This message has been edited by Razor (edited 11-15-2000).]

To me, satin finish is the best of both worlds. AND, you can go that way from either direction, using maroon scotchbrite pads. It subdues shiny clips, and shines (well, sort of) black clips.

As for being asked to leave Applebees... I would have laughed in the guy's face, and told him I'd be glad to leave and never come back. How assinine.

Oops, sorry... I'm leaking "rant" there....
redface.gif

------------------
iktomi

They don't have steak knives at Applebee's?

------------------
><CHINOOK*>
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult

I got two blk. clips for my plainedge Wegner jr's from SFO. It seems it's a standard blk. clip with a tad bit longer philips screws.

Boycott Applebee's (Ain't one around here anyway
smile.gif
)

Back