Off Topic Weird Circuitous Shipping !

Ever had a knife you are anxiously awaiting , so you keep checking on the tracking location ?

You get all excited , 'case your package has arrived close by and should be delivered tomorrow .

Nothing shows up . So you check again and are shocked to see that your knife has now mysteriously passed you by and journeyed on to far away places , for no discernible reason .

I have one now , loitering around somewhere in CA , west coast . Shipped from NH , east coast . Stopped by briefly in Nashville ,( where it should have gone local) , just to tease me .

I've had all kinds of shipping mishaps through the years. The most puzzling was a flashlight that went from Oklahoma to Puerto Rico... before coming New Hampshire and then finally to Connecticut. Also had a UPS package that had a status of "Train Derailment".

Oh boy. I highly recommend not ordering anything from Germany. You get “parcel has been accepted at ________” then nothing for nearly two months. Then it’s in your mailbox all of a sudden with no updates. I was told shipping time was running 3 weeks.

That’s the last time I order anything from overseas. Fool me once…

I'm in CT and ordered some pants from NJ awhile ago

Stock -> NJ
NJ -> PA
PA -> NY
NY -> MA
MA -> CT

got it 8 days after shipping (payed 12$ for it too). Just...what was fedex doing?

We got a check sent fastest way possible, next day delivery, paid nearly twenty eight dollars- took two months to the day. It was only coming from Tennessee to Kentucky.

Same situation here with USPS. Some of my knives are far better traveled than I am.

Oh yeah - seen this happen a l lot. Best is with FedEx though: I could buy a knife a few hours up the road, but it's got to got to Memphis (hub) before it goes back to me.

I had a similar experience when a package was shipped using UPS Mail Innovations or something like that. UPS shipped a package to a local UPS hub (5 min drive from my house). Instead of sending it out from the hub for delivery they then shipped it to a USPS receiving hub 2 hours away only to be sent back to the post office that is 5 min from my house for final delivery.

It was painful to track and took 3 extra days of shipping that was really unnecessary.

Amazon just started delivering their own packages near me over the last year. Can't tell you how many packaged were delivered to the wrong address. Even better when they send you a picture of you delivered package and it is next to the front step that clearly says a different street number.

Yeah, I've had packages take a tour of the country. Most recent was one from the east coast with USPS. Blew through Missouri on its way to California, before turning around and coming back several days overdue.

Fedex isn't much better. Dumb whippersnappers they got making deliveries rely on GPS to the exclusion of common sense. Had the Fedex truck pull up a couple of weeks ago. Went out to greet it and mentioned that I wasn't expecting anything. The guy rattled off a name and address from one of my neighbors. I told him he had the wrong address. He said, "Dumb GPS." I was thinking, "Dumb GPS? There are numbers on the mailbox, big as day!" He apologized and thanked me so at least he was polite.

I had a backpack go from Utah to Oakland CA (50 miles from my home).

Then it went to the Los Angles area in Southern California, only to come back up here to Nor-Cal and finally to my home.

I have had a few take strange journeys.
and have seen even stranger on others shipments.. I remember one where the guys shipment was going back and forth across the Canadian/US border.
As long as it keeps tracking, no big worries

Oh boy. I highly recommend not ordering anything from Germany. You get “parcel has been accepted at ________” then nothing for nearly two months. Then it’s in your mailbox all of a sudden with no updates. I was told shipping time was running 3 weeks.

That’s the last time I order anything from overseas. Fool me once…

Wow. Well, Germany is one lf the most efficient countries I know in shipping stuff. I don’t know if you ordered on corona time but that affects too and the mailing systems don’t always communicate together.

If you think three weeks is unbearable, try out Russian mail and choose something economy.

Wow. Well, Germany is one lf the most efficient countries I know in shipping stuff. I don’t know if you ordered on corona time but that affects too and the mailing systems don’t always communicate together.

If you think three weeks is unbearable, try out Russian mail and choose something economy.
Ah, but it wasn’t three weeks. They told me it was going to take three weeks but it was actually two months.

I shipped someone from here a knife early this year. The guy lives in Texas and apparently USPS decided that the fastest route was to head to Hawaii first.

3KWMSh5.jpg

I do a lot of “online sightseeing” but only purchase a knife every once in a while thankfully. Makes for healthier finances, hehe.

I do a lot of “online sightseeing” but only purchase a knife every once in a while thankfully. Makes for healthier finances, hehe.
I'm pretty good at keeping to my budget , and can wait for a good deal . Sometimes for years and sometimes never find the right price and have to just let it go .

But once I do make a buy ...I want it ASAP ! 🥵

Not a knife, but paid for next day delivery of a firearm(fedex) and it took 3 weeks! Many phone calls, many stupid replies. FedEx is the WORST

I have a lot of packages bounce between Newark, Albany; Newburgh; and a couple of centers in Massachusetts...
I think they're just piling up the frequent flier miles!

Yeah it’s always fun to see where things go. Last year I had a package shipped to me from Manhattan, NYC to me in Queens, NYC (same city, different borough).

Took about a week for it to go from Manhattan, to Newark, to Memphis, back to Newark, then to Queens!

Back