Welcome Aboard!

Sal,

This is great! Maybe we ought to ask Spark to move all those Spyderco threads from the general forum over here
smile.gif
!

I'm gratified with the response so far to the notion of having a Bladeforums-Spyderco tie clipit made up although I am concerned about the minimum production run you intimated. What I never asked you is if the tooling used on the original tie clipit is still available. Figured if so it might mitigate costs somewhat.

All the best Sal!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Keep yer powder dry and cutters hair poppin' sharp!

Sal Glesser

Thanks to everyone that assisted, created, prompted this site.

Bob - Email me your address Sglesser@Spyderco.com and we'll match Phil's "cherry" offer for initiating the site. What Spyderco don't you have?

Moving the Spyderco Q's to here might be more efficient. Still need to find time to put my 2 Yen in other threads.
sal

Unfortunately, we can't move threads over at this time. The best I can do is lock those threads and tell them to move to this forum, something I really don't want to do.

Don't worry, they'll start posting in these forums in a little bit, they just have to know that they are here.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Thanks Sal! This will be a great edition to the forums! Thanks Spark and Mike for making this happen. Keep up the great work all!

L8r,
Nakano

Sal,

Welcome to Bladeforums. Wishing the entire Spyderco fraternity health,happiness,and good fortune for 1999!
The Bob Lum folder on the cover of the Dec.1998 Knives Illustrated,with the titanium handle scales is a must have. What's the status,Sal? TIA
Stay safe and all the best, Phil <----<

Sal,

I'm flabergasted! I continue to have a lot of fun with these forums and have enjoyed emmensely the interaction with folks both in positions of all types within the industry and as users and collectors. Your generous offer is gratefully accepted. I've just e-mailed you my particulars. Gene, Dexter, Greg, and others will not be surprised that I have asked that you consider a plain edged Military model in CPM440V for the "presento" as that is one that I have longed for.

Wow! Somebody PINCH me!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Whoopie! Might even have to post a pix with me holding that slick puppy. It'll give Doc an opportunity to tease about my shiney dome
smile.gif
!!!

T H A N K S S A L !!!!!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Welcome Sal
I am sure I will have a lot of questions for you. I have been trying to e mail you since last week but I have not gotten a response.

Bobby

------------------

Bobby - sorry. Email goes through the office. I'm currently working at home. The connection sometimes takes longer. I received your request for the odd balls. Sent it on to Inventory and Mktg to see what they might be able to dig up. Haven't yet heard back from them.

Bob - your welcome, thanx for the support.
sal

Sal, it's great to see that you're officially on board! Welcome and thanks!

Bernie

Sal,

Welcome aboard! We were glad to see you participate but thrilled that you're a moderator. Sit back and enjoy the ride
smile.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Sal, I too, appreciate Spyderco and you taking the time to assist us. It's been a pleasure reading your input.

Bob: Glad you're a Military man now. Gene do we have a T-shirt in Bob's size?
smile.gif

------------------

~Greg~

Sal,
We are truly honored to have the Pres, (here goes the brown nosing, but I truly mean it), of the most innovative, and MY favorite knife company ever, moderating one of our forums. What a thrill! And what a coup Mike.

To the Baldy 1, I say thanks for your help in getting this to happen. You deserve a knife as good as the Military.

Sal, as Greg alluded to, if you would give your permission, we forum Military lovers, (and there is quite a lot), would love to have your blessing for a "Military Man" t-shirt printed up for the forumites. I have a design that would appeal to all of us, and it would be NON PROFIT all the way. What do you say forumites? I would be willing to do the work and have them printed up and send them out. They would be as quality as Spyderco knives.

Sal, thank you and WELCOME ABOARD!

Gene,

You are something else my friend
smile.gif
! A Military Man T-shirt eh? No doubt with a big Spydie Military across the chest.

All kidding aside, you might want to send Spark a jpeg (he prefers 'em rather small) so that it can be posted here or a link here set up to the Bladeforum.com server's file storage area. I'm sure Sal would want to see it since it'd feature a trademarked design before giving any kind of blessing.

As for Sal's being here, I don't deserve any credit. I believe Mike contacted Sal about a discussion that was going here about their new pricing advertising policy and asked him to consider posting to clear things up. Sal's response snowballed into a myriad other issues, some of which I was involved in, which he has generously given his time to respond. Mike and Spark extended the invitation after all of us realized that it'd be a "win-win" situation for all concerned if Sal could continue not only as an active participant and as a moderator of his own dedicated Spyderco forum.

In just over 3 months we've gotten 1000 registered users whose knife knowledge is a great "sanity check" database for manufacturers to call upon. 1000 may not seem like much considering the grand scope of the InterNET itself, so more to the point what's even more astounding is the number of hits this place gets and from how many countries. The number of "lurkers" is absolutely amazing. And as such this place is a major source of information for those interested in cutlery world-wide. Any manufacturers presence here can only be viewed as highly beneficial. And, as you've expressed, I'm too am very gratified that Sal has joined in with such enthusiasm.

Glad your hiatus is over too Gene!!! Count me in on the T-Shirt deal if approved by Sal. And we might want to think about a little extra in the pricing for an appropriate charity or maybe the fledgling pro-knife legislative lobbying group (name escapes me...sorry). Sal might have a suggestion here too.

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

If you are going to send me *any* designs, please get my permission first so that I am prepared to recieve large files. There's nothing I hate worse than having to download a 1.5 megabyte file to get my email, especially when I'm in a hurry.

If you are going to send Tshirt designs, I would ask that you send them in Photoshop 5 .psd format, with all layers present, so that it can be altered.

As for a Military Man Tshirt, I believe we have Spyderco Militarys at the shop, so it wouldn't be hard to get a good quality picture from there, but if you have a specific look in mind, by all means, tell me.

Naturally, all TShirts like this depend on the approval of the manufacturer.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Bob,
Thank you for the kind words my friend. The t-shirt is something that I have been kicking around for a long time. Started as a joke but got serious the more I thought about it. Dex and I have discussed it in the past.

Spark,
Thank's to you and Mike for helping get Sal on board. What an asset he is and will be. Don't worry Spark, I would never send you ANYTHING without your permission, much less a jpeg. Hell, I'm computer illiterate. If I had to do any of that fancy stuff, I would get my good buds like Bob or Dex or Bill Mac to do it. Anyway, I don't need to send a jpeg. I'll just describe it. It's pretty simple.

It would consist of a serrated and a plain C36 cross-bladed. Over the knives would be; "I'm A", and underneath; "Military Man"! Now I do KNOW that there are a few C36 fans that are female. Well, we would order a few with the "Man" X'd out, (but still seen under the X), and replaced with "woman", (which I think is cute as hell). See, simple but I think really neat. These would be TOP QUALITY. No Hanes or Fruit of the Loom crap here. Also I vote for "pocket" tees "cause they're so damn handy, and also the Spyderco, (BladeForums?), logo could be on the pocket. I also agree with Bob that a small surcharge could be added to help BladeForums and, (like Bob, the name escapes me, James Mattis could help here), our knife lobby that was instrumental in keeping one- handed opening folders legal here in my home state of California. Whadda' ya' say? I can't wait to buy three or four!

Your Baldness,
I also forgot to give you a resounding WELCOME TO THE CLUB "MILITARY MAN"!

I cant belive I didn't spot this forum when I got into work yesterday a whole day wasted without looking at the posts
frown.gif

I blame how busy I am at work at the moment it interfeers terribly with browsing the forum

------------------
Harvey Wareham

Live Long & Prosper, so you can buy more knives :)

Back