went hiking/camping with my bk2...

JV3

bear grylls style! haha. someone left this super comfy chair in the shelter. unfortunately nearby it also had a bunch of beer bottles. it's lighter to bring it back down empty than up when it's full. #@*&(%! this is why i got into hiking/camping in the first place. sometimes i just hate humans...ugh.
camp_view_02.jpg

camp_view_01.jpg

camping_in_style.jpg

splitting some wood.
jay_batoning_wood.jpg

tough mofo! after a solid 15 min of wailing at it i'm half way through.
splitting_wood.jpg

i'm cluess when it comes to trees but i think it's birch. after all that wailing, only the outer bark peeled away. the inner layer barely had any marks.
tough_batoning_wood.jpg

lesson i learned: in a survival situation, save the energy and instead look for smaller twigs to start the fire first instead of wasting energy splitting wood into smaller pieces.

a flint, a cotton ball, and some wood shavings and i got myself my first ever camp fire. it's deeply satisfying to start a fire without a lighter. next up is to learn the bow drill method to start a fire.
first_camp_fire.jpg

after all that abuse this blade is still damn sharp for fine woodwork.
fuzzy_sticks.jpg

terrain view. feels weird. i was expecting to see a starbucks nearby but never did :)
camp_woods.jpg

move over, rambo & crocodile dundee...this is a knife!
jay_bk2_camp.jpg

I don't know, that terrain looks a bit Blair Witch, be careful! Either take a friend along next time or at least a BK 9. LOL, just kidding (kinda), that's nice looking country. We seem to only have pine trees out on the Oregon coast.

Best regards

I don't know, that terrain looks a bit Blair Witch, be careful! Either take a friend along next time or at least a BK 9. LOL, just kidding (kinda), that's nice looking country. We seem to only have pine trees out on the Oregon coast.

Best regards

another hiking pic i posted on a car forum i surf...they had fun at my expense. lol. apparently, i have to worry about a sasquatch and a body snatcher too :eek:

jay_woods_sasquatch_body_ground.jpg

Lol, that last photo with the Sasquatch with funny as hell. Looks like a great place to spend the day and relax.

LOL...that's one of my goto spots.... I know exactly where that is., and no the chair is not mine.

LOL...that's one of my goto spots.... I know exactly where that is., and no the chair is not mine.

i randomly picked that trail since the shelter was close to the parking lot compared to others. i'm out of shape! hehehe. not your chair but what about the johnny walker? :p

Cool pics! My daughter asked if the zombie was real!:D
I have owned a couple of great beckers in the past, now , I miss them all! I did just get my first BK2!!! Its a really awesome knife, I havnt got to use it yet, so thanks for posting some action pics. GKN

the wood you were splitting is ironwood,,,the name says it all that area is loaded with it.

Back