Were are buck knives made?

Are all buck knives made in the USA?

Is there more then one buck factory?

Thanks,

The Buck Factory and Corporate offices are locate in El Cajon, CA, near San Diego if I'm not mistaken. At least that's where they will they will be made for the rest of this year. Early in 2004 Buck is moving its facilities to a location in Post Falls, Idaho. :cool:

As for are ALL Bucks made in the USA, unfortunately the answer there is no. :grumpy: Some models are made overseas due soley to production costs. This is one of the things Buck hopes to remedy after they move to Idaho. Since it will be less expensive to do business there, they may be able to bring knives back and manufacture them here. :D

So where else are they made and which knives are they? My wife was going to buy a double lock knife for me and she said it was made in Japan and she decided not to buy. Was she talking about the Ecco Hi Tech Double Lock Linerlock? I don't have any Bucks made overseas. Of course I like knives that have wood, bone or stag handles.

Peter, it sounds like the Ecco. The first group was made in Japan, then production was switched to El Cajon. I have both and the 2 differences are: 1) the liner is slightly stouter on the USA model. and 2)The Japan model uses AUS 6 and the USA uses 420HC steel.
The Diamondback is made in Taiwan and for the money they are good knives also.
(note: info on steel came from Bucks website last year)
guy

Back