Wetterlings question

A friend of mine was out camping and chipped the edge on his Wetterlings. He didn't expect it to cut through the cedar limb so easily and he struck dirt. He asked me if the edges normally chipped so easily or should it have rolled. I didn't know but told him I knew where to find out.

Any thoughts? (other than telling him to keep it out of the dirt.......I did that already ;) )

Thanks in advance!
Prusik

dsc01081bh7.jpg

wetterlings edges are tempered pretty hard, i think i read upper 50's RcH, so if they hit a rock they are more prone to chipping than deforming.

i would suggest contacting someone like richardj or myself for repair services, as that would take a long time to file out.

it is just a good thing there was only dirt underneath and not an arm or leg...

Thanks siguy,

I'll pass that info on to my friend. Not sure that's what he wanted to hear though.............

Another guy at the camp site started to file the edge and gave up. I do think it's going to take some time with a file but I'll leave it up to the owner, have to see what he wants to do.

+1 regarding the lack of body parts in the path of that thing. It would shave paper curls prior to this last camping trip and I'd hate to have seen the wound it could have left.

Thanks again,
Prusik

Back