1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whacha Been Up To......

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Horsewright, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Lets post up some pics of what you've been working on lately.

Had this stack of misc orders. I was working on a batch of knives but I wanted to kick these orders out first.

[​IMG]

So it was these guys plus two flag boots:

[​IMG]

A Flag Boot straps to the stirrup and allows the rodeo queen as she's flying around the arena some place to stick the base of the flag pole so its supported.

This one is for Miss Rodeo California:

[​IMG]

And this one for a local gal.

[​IMG]

Nichole (my wife) has been making and selling quite a few of her Horseshoe Coasters recently:

[​IMG]

They're leather lined to protect the table.

[​IMG]

Been making a bunch of these Travel Bags/Dopp Kits too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And holsters, holsters, holsters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we go roping. Whadya beeen up to?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thorwald, JJ_Colt45, HarryD and 7 others like this.
  2. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    This. A 10 foot by 10 foot panel at Essex Modern City here in San Antonio. By far the biggest piece I've ever attempted. Its a Street Art gallery so the reason for it being a bit on the rough side. It was an amazing weekend working along side three other artists of amazing talent. I feel very fortunate.
    Attaching a pic from imgur, I forgot that not everyone on here can see gallery images stored on BF server. Sorry about that.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  3. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Those coasters look cool.

Horsewright likes this.
  4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Good deal Dwayne that's a cool post.

Thanks. @Richard338

5. MaverickFZX750

MaverickFZX750

Oct 8, 2014
    Hi Dave, nice works as always, thank you for sharing. The buckle of the tapered belt on pic above seems too big in size for the strap. Is there some special reason for that?

Horsewright likes this.
  6. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Yeah the Buckle is 1 3/4" and the keeper is 1 1/2" with the tip being 1 3/8" . I spoke with the owner and we may move away from the tapered belt to a Ranger belt.

MaverickFZX750 likes this.
  7. camaroless

camaroless

Feb 8, 2015
    Dave, the horseshoes are great ! So is the Glenlivet ! Beautiful work as always.
    John

Horsewright likes this.
  8. ANovinc

ANovinc Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Love those coasters! I got a big order out the door the other week, but failed to take any pictures of my efforts. With a predicted 10 to 15 inches of rain headed my way this weekend, I won't be heading outside so maybe I'll have something to show come Monday.

9. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks guys on the coasters. She's finishing off the first set that is flower carved today. Pretty striking. I'll post some pics when they are done. Keep dry Amy.

ty_higg likes this.
  10. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Well, did this little kydex
    Finished.jpg necker3.jpg
    And been working on finishing the eves on the house and insulating the chickencoop before our Alaska winter sets in full force.

11. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Cool deal, glad ya posted.

12. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Thank you

13. paneraica

paneraica

Mar 4, 2011
    While I like knives. Watch person first and make straps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DON

Hengelo_77, The Zieg, ty_higg and 2 others like this.
  14. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Very cool! Nice work.

15. Brock Cutlery

Brock Cutlery KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2015
    Made a new sheath for my bird/trout knife so this pair match. That first sheath was a mess.
    Also reworked my belt loop. Getting the hang of this leather thing I think.

HunterBoning-pair-1.jpg

HunterBoning-pair-2.jpg

HunterBoning-pair-3.jpg

The Zieg, mitch4ging and Horsewright like this.
  16. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Don @paneraica didn't ya have some of that Russian leather from off of Cornwall a few years back? I think I was remembering some straps ya posted with that.

Here's those flower carved coasters. It was our friend Janine's birthday and Nichole made these as a present for her. Size one shoe, 13/15 oz saddle leather and 4/5 oz oiltan lining.

[​IMG]

On Saturday, Janine's birthday, we're all roping in the corral and along the hill side trots a huge boar. Now wouldn't ya know it, five cowboy rigs there and nobody has a rifle in the truck. So we go out to dinner afterwards for the Bday celebration and decide we'll go look for that boar next day. This is Tyler, half way up the hillside to the west of Hog Canyon (aptly named don't ya think). He's got one of our Rangeflap holsters, a Carbine Scabbard, Charmitas (leggings), Roughout Spur Straps and the very first Water Buffalo belt on.

[​IMG]

Course we never saw the boar again but did find where they'd been rooting around. Made it to the summit of Hog Canyon and then trotted on back and did some more roping. Everybody here on the summit had on Horsewright leggings of some kind or other. Lucia in the center on the grey horse was wearing her's for the second time as we had just finished them for her the day before.

[​IMG]

Wurrwulf likes this.
  17. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Those are very cool Mark! Very cool. I'd agree. You are getting the hang of it. Thats the Wickett and Craig leather we talked about?

Did Nichole do your patio pavers too like she did ours? The pattern seems similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Brock Cutlery

Brock Cutlery KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2015
    Thanks Dave. It is the W&C as you recommended, as ordered from Maverick. Very nice stuff for sure.

...something about a woman with a jack hammer eh? LOL. Never seen that before.

Horsewright likes this.
  19. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Yeah she ran the big tamping machine too after the pavers were set. Her whole project. She did the fire pit too.

mitch4ging likes this.
  20. paneraica

paneraica

Mar 4, 2011
    [QUOTE="Don @paneraica didn't ya have some of that Russian leather from off of Cornwall a few years back? I think I was remembering some straps ya posted with that.[/QUOTE]

Not much left. Was selling off 4 x 6" sections for other makers to use as I still had stock of straps and sold close to 13 sq. ft. of it

Middle strap in my post was made from it

Can't get anymore and not sure if anymore is being brought up as whats left is in a dangerous part of the ship

Good memory

DON