Off Topic What’s this knife/sheath sitting on?

Yay!

That's something I've always wanted to do, but Western New York isn't exactly a renowned gold hot spot...

Thanks, this one definitely had the cogs grinding.
I have a feeling that someone who works at heights becomes pretty good at figuring out quickly what things look like (while looking out for safe landing areas for limbs and people). Well done sir!

I worked with a lady who mined up in Nome before she moved to Anchorage- she worked the dredge under the water/ice as her husband ran the equipment on the barge. They paid for a house and put all the kids through college as well as had a few actual gold bars left over.

Had a few patients who mined in the spring and made enough to tide them over for the year. Very rough work. The excitement I felt when I thought I found some when prepping site for my cabin- I certainly understand getting the ‘fever’. What I found was a bunch of pyrite!🤣

I have a feeling that someone who works at heights becomes pretty good at figuring out quickly what things look like (while looking out for safe landing areas for limbs and people). Well done sir!

I worked with a lady who mined up in Nome before she moved to Anchorage- she worked the dredge under the water/ice as her husband ran the equipment on the barge. They paid for a house and put all the kids through college as well as had a few actual gold bars left over.

Had a few patients who mined in the spring and made enough to tide them over for the year. Very rough work. The excitement I felt when I thought I found some when prepping site for my cabin- I certainly understand getting the ‘fever’. What I found was a bunch of pyrite!🤣

I found a bunch of pyrite once in the mouth of a known gold river a few hours from me.
I understand your pain. 😂🤣

My biggest thing is that my interests are so weird and varied that lots of things eventually come to mind given enough information.

Were I to find anything resembling gold in a known area the chances are quite high that I'd disappear into the wilderness and not come out without success. Many times I've found myself jumping into some new pursuit with little regard for the aftermath. Very few end as I envision unfortunately, or I'd probably be famous by now. Not just regarded as a slightly eccentric, if not capable lunatic who spends his days in a tree and doesn't answer his phone.

Back