What a difference a few hours makes in the wheel of life, or surgery didn't happen.

Well will you looky here, a brand new sub-forum that should cure the ills I've long stewed about.
(Insert "Happy Dance" smilie here.:cool: :D

Well as you can see here I am typing my first post today because the surgery didn't happen, came down to the wire though.:rolleyes: :(
We got there shortly after 9:00 a.m. and the surgery was scheduled for noon sharp.
They poked and prodded, drew two different samples of blood for a Chem 8 and an HTH and after two tries finally got an IV started, third time is the charm on Halloween I guess.:rolleyes:
After laying on the gurney from about 9:45 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., my surgeon was very late, the anesthesiologist started having the same concerns that I had, although I hadn't voiced mine to anyone except y'all here, and said, "that with the heart conditions and issues I have that he just wasn't willing to risk putting me under anesthetic where he didn't have access to an ICU and extreme care and emergency cardiologists for back up just in case I went flat line on them."
I guess my old ticker is in worse shape than I even thought.:(
He talked with Dr. Gaede my neurosurgeon and he agreed.
Now why in the hell couldn't they have figured this out the first time? :mad:

Now I have to start all over again, get the surgery rescheduled at St Johns and probably go for another pre-op and all the other bullsh*t again.
And it'll probably be another damned three weeks I have to friggin suffer with the pain.:grumpy:
I hate needles although I am used to them but getting poked six times today kind of had a tendency to aggraqvate me.:grumpy:
Hell no wonder they had a hard time finding a vein, I was no doubt dehydrated after not having anything to drink since 11:30 p.m. last night.:rolleyes:

Oh well, guess it's for my own good. ;-)

I'm glad you are no worse after the Hospital trip than you were before it.

And cranky? You?

Nawwww.

Welcome home.

That's a bummer that it didn't happen today, Yvsa, but we're all very glad you made it home ok. We'll get 'em next time;)

Jake

Well Yvsa, they didn't want to actually DO the surgery, but they wanted to be able to charge you for SOMETHING. So they had to do all the prep and pre-op.

Good luck on your next try bud.

Steve

That sounds like an aggravating day:( I'm sorry that happened, and like you said it's too bad they didn't figure this out before you went. BUT I'm glad they had the sense not to operate when they shouldn't have. I just wish they didn't get your hopes up and put you through all that...

All that pokin' an prodding and you didn't even get a sponge bath from a cute nurse named Candy.
Truly an injustice!
I'm sorry you didn't get it done today but I'm glad the gas passer had the smarts/guts to say ..this doesn't feel right.

Kismet said:
I'm glad you are no worse after the Hospital trip than you were before it.

This alone makes it a successful trip...

All as it is supposed to happen Edutsi...

I was afraid something like this might happen. I know you've got to be disgusted over this. I know I would.

Bob

Play with a khuk and sharpen some things. Then eat a good meal with family, and later burn incense for those in need. Maybe smoke a cigar and watch a good movie. Always makes me feel right!

Nam

With the amount of incense that I've burned on your behalf I will be very disappointed if the docs don't provide a bona fide medical miracle. :)

I'm glad that you're still here, regardless of how or why.

It probably was a bad idea having surgery on Halloween... anyways.

kinda like Friday the 13th.

According the Celtic mythology, this day is when the veil between worlds is thinnest... We want you staying on this side of it. :p

Da Artsa

wow... I haven't been around a while and now I find this thread.

Sorry you went through all that Yvsa. I'll put you on the prayer list and hit the threads to see what has been going on over the last month.

Hang in there man...

Alan

Yvsa said:
After laying on the gurney from about 9:45 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., my surgeon was very late, the anesthesiologist started having the same concerns that I had,

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

Glad someone was awake at the switch somewhere down the line!

Sorry for the disappointment to you though.

Will keep praying.

Tom

Back