1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What a great place the porch is.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by CHNeal, Jul 30, 2020.

1. CHNeal

CHNeal Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I just wanted to stop by and say a very heart felt thank you to all the folks who helped me help out a buddy this week.
    Long story short, a dear friend of mine has found himself in some fairly serious economic issues after two medical issues and COVID shuttered the business he has worked for for many years. I tried to help out but his pride just wouldn’t “ let him take money away from my family to give to his” so since my knife collection is mine and mine alone I’m free to do with it as I please so...
    I started a couple sales threads on the exchange to turn my knives into cash and What a turnout! The fine folks here bought every piece I listed for the price I asked and a few even payed more just to help! I even sold all my 303s before I could get them listed as folks PM’d and email me asking about them. In a little over 48 hours the great people of this community stopped a mans electric, gas and water from being turned off, filled his freezer, fridge and cabinets with food and gave him a bit of hope and dignity.
    God bless each and everyone of you! If the rest of the world was like the porch what a world it would be.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. 22Hornet

22Hornet

Apr 2, 2012
    What a great thing to do! You are a good fellow,.

3. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    @CHNeal
    Although I missed the sale I would like to say that you yourself are a shining example of the caliber of people here on the porch. To sell off your knives to help a friend is a very noble deed in my book.

4. Pgg365247

Pgg365247 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2012
    You are a good friend CHNeal. I hope your friend can get things turned around.

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  5. Lander boy Matt

Lander boy Matt Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2019
    This is a great thing you did and it's sure to come back around to you. Hell this lil post made my day better! Good on you my friend :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

6. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    What a selfless and loving thing you did for your friend! Blessings to you, amigo!

7. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks for sharing that story with us and your funds with your friend!!! You may have helped more people than you could know. I know that it was an encouraging read for me! Thanks again, -James

8. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    You are a great friend. God Bless you and your family for everything you’ve done to help someone in need.

9. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Good on you man! Great stuff. This place really is a good place.

10. dantzk8

dantzk8

Nov 1, 2005
    CHNeal,
    You contribute to make this place great. Thanks.

Dan.

11. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...there’s no better place on the internet than the porch. Whether it’s Clay helping a friend, Andrew helping the pups, friendly advice and giveaways...true gentlemen all.

I abhor social media - my only exception being BF and the virtual friendships I’ve made here and continue to make on “the porch”!

Jolipapa, meako, CHNeal and 2 others like this.
  12. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You’re a good man, and a great friend, Clay.

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Clay you are a good man and I know you're friend and his family are blessed to have you in their lives. You are truly a welcomed addition here. I'm proud to say this is exactly the type of thing that happens frequently here on "The Porch". I'm just sorry I missed out on one of those vintage Schrade built Bucks!

meako, Prester John and mrknife like this.
  14. mrknife

mrknife

May 9, 2010
    Absolutely pure class!

meako likes this.
  15. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    I'm impressed ! Your friend is a very lucky person to have you .
    I've missed the sell and I regret it .

Â

meako likes this.
  16. akguy59

akguy59 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2017
    That is the kind of thing that the members of the porch are know for. And a hat's off to you for helping out a friend in need. Kudos sir.

meako likes this.
  17. Eversharp!

Eversharp! Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2011
    What a wonderful example of what empathy and sacrifice are all about. Hats off!

18. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Missed your sale..Well Done..and Good Man.
    The pandemic is illuminating the things we need...community ,help and friendship....and more seriously what we dont need...........

19. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Very well done. Imagine if the world were filled with more kind-hearted givers like yourself.

Jolipapa likes this.