What a great place the porch is.

I just wanted to stop by and say a very heart felt thank you to all the folks who helped me help out a buddy this week.
Long story short, a dear friend of mine has found himself in some fairly serious economic issues after two medical issues and COVID shuttered the business he has worked for for many years. I tried to help out but his pride just wouldn’t “ let him take money away from my family to give to his” so since my knife collection is mine and mine alone I’m free to do with it as I please so...
I started a couple sales threads on the exchange to turn my knives into cash and What a turnout! The fine folks here bought every piece I listed for the price I asked and a few even payed more just to help! I even sold all my 303s before I could get them listed as folks PM’d and email me asking about them. In a little over 48 hours the great people of this community stopped a mans electric, gas and water from being turned off, filled his freezer, fridge and cabinets with food and gave him a bit of hope and dignity.
God bless each and everyone of you! If the rest of the world was like the porch what a world it would be.

Last edited:
I just wanted to stop by and say a very heart felt thank you to all the folks who helped me help out a buddy this week.
Long story short, a dear friend of mine has found himself in some fairly serious economic issues after two medical issues and COVID shuttered the business he has worked for for many years. I tried to help out but his pride just wouldn’t “ let him take money away from my family to give to his” so since my knife collection is mine and mine alone I’m free to do with it as I please so...
I started a couple sales threads on the exchange to turn my knives into cash and What a turnout! The fine folks here bought every piece I listed for the price I asked and a few even payed more just to help! I even sold all my 303s before I could get them listed as folks PM’d and email me asking about them. In a little over 48 hours the great people of this community stopped a mans electric, gas and water from being turned off, filled his freezer, fridge and cabinets with food and gave him a bit of hope and dignity.
God bless each and everyone of you! If the rest of the world was like the porch what a world it would be.

CHNeal,
You contribute to make this place great. Thanks.

Dan.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...there’s no better place on the internet than the porch. Whether it’s Clay helping a friend, Andrew helping the pups, friendly advice and giveaways...true gentlemen all.

I abhor social media - my only exception being BF and the virtual friendships I’ve made here and continue to make on “the porch”!

Clay you are a good man and I know you're friend and his family are blessed to have you in their lives. You are truly a welcomed addition here. I'm proud to say this is exactly the type of thing that happens frequently here on "The Porch". I'm just sorry I missed out on one of those vintage Schrade built Bucks!

I'm impressed ! Your friend is a very lucky person to have you .
I've missed the sell and I regret it .

Â

That is the kind of thing that the members of the porch are know for. And a hat's off to you for helping out a friend in need. Kudos sir.

Missed your sale..Well Done..and Good Man.
The pandemic is illuminating the things we need...community ,help and friendship....and more seriously what we dont need...........

Very well done. Imagine if the world were filled with more kind-hearted givers like yourself.

Back