What about liner lock Advatages?

I love a good closing bias on a knife. I guess I'm in the minority who actually likes some amount of spring resistance upon opening like on the Axis(no resistance at all if you want it) and Lockback. Sort of gives the user a little assurance that it won't fly open in the pocket.
Another thing with liner type locks is that a tiny, tiny fraction of an inch of wear on the lockbar affects the lockup quite a lot.
This among many other reasons I believe in the Axis so much. Its so dynamic, for example, you want to thumb it open its smooth as silk, you want to give the stud a quick flick, it flies open, you want to hold back on the lock to save wear on the lockbar? no problem. Strength? no prob.
Say your out in the woods and a spring pops? no biggy, it has a redundant one and it still works fine. If the extra one breaks? no biggy, just hold the lockbar with your thumb or jam a small piece of a twig into the slot and you practically have a Fixed blade now and the knife can be used anyways.

Just my .02 or 3

I've owned a fair nimber of linerlocks and had no problem,or so I thought.One day I gave my CQC7 a mild spine wack test(about as hard as you would slap a "highfive")and it failed.Some say the spine wack means little,to me it means the lock failed with little pressure.

I have 3 large edc,2 of which are liners,my LCC which locks up on the left side of the tang is one I put a lot of faith in untill...
I got some lube on the tang and the liner slid all the way over to the right:eek: .Man a little lube drips down and now the lock slides all the way over.

I'm really going to have to like a knife,and it better have a big thick liner if i'm going to buy another.Then theres my M-16 with the lawks system and a liner that can take a little lube and not slide.:)

Back