Off Topic What about you?

Always have one modern clipped to may left front pocket. Also a SAK Midnite Minichamp on my keychain. The SAK isused more often for the nail file, scissors & pen than anything else.
Not sure if it counts but I have a Kershaw Injection in the glove compartment of my wife's car. While my car has a Kershaw CQC-6K occupying it's glovie.

I generally carry 4:
1) SAK "Signature" on my keyring.
2) SAK Huntsman or a 4 blade Scout/Utility with a 34 inch Lanyard, attached to the keyring.
3) Large Stockman.
4) Buck 110 or 112 or Ontario Rat 1 (pocket clip removed) in a belt sheath.

Numbers 2 and 3 are in my RF pocket.

I sometimes just carry the one, but I often clip a pair of Spyderco Dragonflys in the corner of each of my back pockets. They add alot of utility to my EDC, and are so small that they go virtually unnoticed in the pocket. I also sometimes carry a Karambit, reverse grip in my left (weak) pocket, but I haven't been doing that as much lately as I used to.

Like others have said, and like many of us here I assume, I have plenty of knives in my vehicle to serve most specific tasks if needed. Also, in my daypack (which goes with me when I leave the house and stays in my vehicle), I keep a Spydiechef, a fixed blade, and a Benchmade Freek.

BSigAfq.jpg

I normally only carry one knife. Usually a modern folder with a clip. Gotta have a clip. Sometimes I'll have a multi-tool on my belt plus a folder but not very often. A fixed blade may be worn instead of a folder but usually only when the planets are in perfect alignment or I'm camping.

October of last year was a bad time for where I live. Napa and Sonoma counties suffered from huge fires and very high winds. Many people lost all they had. Seeing someone having lunch or dinner in their nightclothes because they have lost everything is something you don't easily forget.

I think I carried a fixed blade and a multi-tool during some of that. I do remember packing a bug out bag with a fixed blade in it.

Because of what happened, I now have a small pouch in the Jeep that I use as an extended EDC. It contains a notepad, pencil, small flashlight, Gerber multi-tool, band-aids, alcohol prep pads, scalpel, scissors, lighter, extra power cord for the cell phone, a cleaning cloth for my eyewear, and an Alox SAK. I don't think I need to carry more than one knife in my pocket.
That's pretty sad to see people that have lost their house and possessions to a fire, hurricane, or tornado sitting in a restaurant in their "night clothes". It does impact your disaster preparedness mind set. We had a tornado touch down near my home and we suffered some roof damage, but nothing really significant as these things go. Within a few weeks, I had the electrical connections installed to hook up a generator directly to my house electrical system. It cost, but it was worth it to me. The only time I carry any kind of "bug out" bag is in the winter if I am traveling away from home or of course when I head to the woods.

That's pretty sad to see people that have lost their house and possessions to a fire, hurricane, or tornado sitting in a restaurant in their "night clothes". It does impact your disaster preparedness mind set. We had a tornado touch down near my home and we suffered some roof damage, but nothing really significant as these things go. Within a few weeks, I had the electrical connections installed to hook up a generator directly to my house electrical system. It cost, but it was worth it to me. The only time I carry any kind of "bug out" bag is in the winter if I am traveling away from home or of course when I head to the woods.

Yeah, that fire played a role for many changes around here. One is that I now drive an old Jeep Cherokee instead of a little Mazda 2 door coupe. Another is that Napa County is beginning to push the idea of bug out bags for the population a lot more.

And I am beginning to work on the emergency prep book that I've wanted to write for years.:)

Last edited:
I usually have one of my Vic Swiss Army Knives in a belt pouch, and a 1-hand folder in my right front pocket, and there's a Vic Classic on my key ring.

Today, I have three knives in my right front pocket, an Alox Electrician, an Okapi Biltong, and an Opinel 6. The electrician is pretty much a constant unless I am in the woods when I replace it with a Farmer. There is also a 4”Channellock plier. I wear baggy pants, so i can carry all that comfortably. I don’t need all those knives, but this is for my amusement, so I carry what I might want to play with.

Often, I will sub a slipjoint for one of the wooden knives. If it is larger, say over 3 1/2”, i might only carry two knives. On my key ring in my left front I always have a Micra for the heavy lifting.

Because I drive a school bus, where knives are supposedly verboten, but still necessary, everything stays in the bottom of a pocket. It would not do to show a clip.

Cold Steel Code 4, Spyderco Endura 4 and Leatherman Surge. That's basically four blades... I also like to carry things in doubles at least.

I have a huge collection of folding knives because most of the time I like to carry Link Removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never understood people that carry a bunch of shit with them. I mean there is nothing wrong with it and it all has a usefulness and a purpose, but just having change in my pocket drives me crazy. I see guys with a gold chain, watch, bracelet, wad of keys, knives, wallet on a chain, flashlight, multitool, writing utensils, etc. I probably don't see the gun in their waistline and ankle holster.

I guess that's one reason (among many) that I could not be a cop, it would drive me crazy carrying all that shit.

Just carrying a wallet, folding knife, single key, and a cell phone is more than enough for me.

With that said; to each their own and there is something to be said for being prepared.

I go back and forth. I feel I'm better prepped with 2 knives on me but then again am I overdoing it. Then again knives are fun.

At work i carry your generic Stanley boxcutter, a little Hultafors fixed blade, and whichever knife I chose that day, outside of work i carry whichever one I chose, and a keychain Letterman.

Back