Victorinox Bantam
Victorinox Signature Lites
Victorinox Food 4 Less Classic

DSC03287.jpg

My latest acquisition, OD Centurion.

Lessee here...
Leatherman: Squirt EL, Squirt S4, Original Wave + tool adapter
Swiss+Tech: Utili-key, MicroPlus
Victorinox: 2xManagers (original, not the II), Cybertool 29, Cybertool 34, Soldier, Compact, Scientist, Model 3422 (a 84mm SAK with blade, combo-tool, scissors, corkscrew and long file like thing), Classic, and a 58mm called the Vagabond(?).

I think the Managers, Vagabond, 3422 and Scientist are all discontinued. I'd love to get a true Yeoman (not a rebranded explorer). The 3422 is the only 84mm Victorinox SAK I've seen with scissors. They occasionally show up on eBay.

Hmmm... Currently, my wife and I own and use the following:

Leatherman: Original Wave, Original SuperTool w/ Bit Adapter Combo, Original Micra
Victorinox: SwissTool, SwissTool X

We also have a couple of folding lockbacks from Gerber and Buck.

My collection of multitools is really small.:grumpy:
I have:

S-60 Powerlock,
red ALOX harvester,
Swisschamp

multitoolfinal5dw.jpg

One of these days I'll buy myself more.;)

Gerber:

MP-400 Compact Sport w/ Tool Kit (2)
Solstice (2)
Shortcut (2)
Deluxe Utility Clippers (3)

Leatherman:

Old Wave w/ Tool Adapter (1)
Crunch (1)
Mini-Tool (1)
Micra (3)
New Wave (1)
Charge Ti (1)
Charge XTi (1)
Juice XE6 (2)
Juice S2 (3)
Squirt S4 (2)
Squirt P4 (2)
Squirt EL (2)

Schrade:

Tough Chip (2)
Tradesman (2)

Sog:

Crosscut (1)
Crossgrip (1)

Swiss Tech:

Utilikey (3)
Screwzall (3)
Micro-Plus (2)
Micro-Pro XL (2)

Victorinox:

Rally (4)
Climber (4)
Cybertool 41 (1)
Swisscard (2)
Swisscard Quattro (2)

Plus other various Winchester, Eddie Bauer, etc. multi-tools...

Although I consider myself a minimalist, somehow I managed to accumulate a bunch.

Since age 12, my EDC was a Boy Scout knife knockoff. It was actually quite serviceable and in 15 years I hankered for nothing else. From the first I regarded my pocketknife an everyday necessity and used everything on that four blader so often I couldn't imagine carrying anything other than what we now call a multi-tool.

After impulsively giving my Kamp King to a girlfriend (who promptly lost it) I went looking for a replacement and discovered the world of SAK. My first was a Wenger that I used to death, followed by a Vic that was stolen, but not before I discovered the utility of a belt pouch. I promptly re-filled mine with a Swisschamp, and for the next 10 years considered myself set.

Then I became aware of Leatherman tools. Intrigued by the addition of full sized pliers to the tool mix, I purchased a PST. It was okay, but the Swisschamp was more useful to me as an EDC, so I traded off the PST and went back to SAK. But when the Supertool came out, I revisited the matter.

For an acceptable increase in weight, the Supertool offered enough strength in its locking tools that for the first time I could consider a "pocket" (actually, belt) item almost as good as a dedicated tool. I began alternating the Swisschamp and Supertool as EDC, sometimes when carrying one wishing I had brought the other. The only things I missed on the Leatherman were some of the SAK amenities, so when the Micra was introduced, my joy was complete. I found it to be a perfect complement to the ST and that was my outfit (well, still sometimes trading off with the champ) until just a few weeks ago when I sprung for a Charge.

To tell the truth, I had thought the Charge was a gimmick, which was my previous opinion of the Wave. The only reason I bought the Charge was a super bargain, so I figured it was worthwhile to try it out and if I didn't like it to sell it off as a used piece for what I paid new. BTW, I'm keeping it. Pretty much the same story with a Squirt P4.

Meanwhile, since my friends and family consider me a knife guy based on all the way back to my Kamp King days, occasionally I am gifted with sharp objects, so (and here's the wind-up):

My collection consists of

V'nox Swisschamp
Tinker
Minichamp

Leatherman Charge Ti
Supertool
Supertool 200 (a spare, another bargain I couldn't pass up)
Micra
Squirt P4

Thanx for your indulgence. I doubt there is anyone else I deal with who cares in the least about this topic. ;)

VIC Tinker , Classic x 3 or4 , Mini Swisschamp , various 'Spartan' versions,
Sportsman II , Wenger Tinker size , Gerber 400 , Original Gerber M/T,
Scharadetool , Bucktool , Mini Bucktool , Old Wave,
LM P4 , LM Juice,
Plus a couple I've forgotten about. And In bound is a Swiss Champion Plus.

I've pared mine down to:
LM ST200
LM Blast
LM Micra(2)

Vnox Electrician Plus
Vnox Hiker
Vnox Recruit
Vnox Classic(2)

Back