Off Topic what and how

First off what exactly is "concealex" and how does it compare to kydex for neck knife sheath material? Secondly any opinions on carbon fibre handles vs G10, zytel, ect.?

First off what exactly is "concealex" and how does it compare to kydex for neck knife sheath material? Secondly any opinions on carbon fibre handles vs G10, zytel, ect.?

Concealex is very simmilar to Kydex. The one Concealex sheath I have is abit smoother and thicker walled than my kydex but I am not sure if all concealed is like that or if it is just that one sheath as I have no other concealex to compare it with.

Cf vs g10 vs zytel. Carbon fibre is very light but very ridgid and strong also obviously it has the pretty pattern on it if that is what you like. G10 is also very strong and made similar to cf except instead of carbon fibres impregnated with an epoxy it is sheets of fibreglass with epoxy. Both feel more solid than zytel in my opinion.

Zytel has a more cheap plasticy feeling like the handle of a glock or polymer gun. Some people say it feels cheap like a toy but it is an illusion as it is actually very strong.

Back