What can stain canvas micarta?

I have a red canvas micarta inkosi and I'm curious what can stain it. I've really only used it with dirty hands and it's gotten wet. Can oil, grease, car sludge, etc cause staining or is it pretty impervious?

I’ve experienced surface staining, a good washing with soap and water cleans it right up. I don’t think you can get a deep stain due to the epoxy that is used in making the micarta.

I have a red canvas micarta inkosi and I'm curious what can stain it. I've really only used it with dirty hands and it's gotten wet. Can oil, grease, car sludge, etc cause staining or is it pretty impervious?

I am uncertain about the point of your question:

do you want to clean it because it has gotten dirty?

-or-

do you wish to permanently change it's color?

If you only want a cleaning, Ajack gives you good advice. I like Simple Green cleaner.

If you wish to permanently stain it a different color, such as black, try this:

cykz2BO.jpg

rrEkvj1.jpg

JHU1r57.jpg

btw, those ^^^ are Terotuf handles, usually more difficult to stain than Canvas Micarta...here's what Canvas Micarta vvv looks like after black leather dye-- they were greenish/gray before:

evNTTqU.jpg

I’ve experienced surface staining, a good washing with soap and water cleans it right up. I don’t think you can get a deep stain due to the epoxy that is used in making the micarta.
This was more so what I was curious about. If my hands are greasy and black from working on a car will simple dish detergent get it back to color or will it take black staining on in certain areas.

This was more so what I was curious about. If my hands are greasy and black from working on a car will simple dish detergent get it back to color or will it take black staining on in certain areas.

It may take a few washings, but it will come out out.

Back