What Cell phone floats your boat?

I needed to replace my digital Star-Tac of two years. The phone I w
had my eye on was the Motorola V60! The phone is a work of art, unfortunately there is no service provider in my area offering this phone (not to mention it's $500.00 price tag!) So I think I found the next best offering out there. An LG TM-510. I think I am in love! It's smaller than my 'Tac (though a little wider) with 10X the feature set including, dual LCD displays, voice dialing, web browsing, etc., etc. Does anyone else own this piece? What do you carry? What do you covet?
Enquiring minds want to know.
smile.gif

Howdy!

I use/carry an Ericsson T28s, like the size(except the external antenna)/weight but don't like the software as it sometimes get "stuck"
frown.gif
and you have to remove battery and restart it.

Next time i'm buying a Nokia...

------------------
Be well!/Jonas aka 2Sharp

"Who want fulfillment? -denial lasts forever"
Usual Suspect-got the t-shirt to prove it...
Things that goes boom? look here: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Camp/8373/index.html
My knives!

Nokia 6120 - only used for important calls on the road. Otherwise just sits in my pack. PLenty of features, fairly cheap & readily accessible accessories. For other electronic gadget needs - Palm IIIxe (although I have my eye on the new m505
smile.gif
).

Sam

Stick with Motorola (for rugged use) and get the Timeport Triband. Works like a charm. Anywhere in the world, too.

------------------
My mind may not be sharp, but my knife is.
The Truth is out there. Go out once in a while and look for it.
Don´t let my Spyder bite you.
Always try to keep your mind sharper than your knife.

Those small Nokia ones... Clear reception and high-tech!

I use a Timeport, and its very durable. Various drops in the subway and a few tramplings in downtown NYC. All it has are a couple of scratches.

Got an Ericsson A1228.Came "free" with the plan,$8.95 a month,21 cents a minute,10 cent night, weekends and incoming.My Motorrola flip phone broke btw,very little use,the hinge broke on one side.

------------------
AKTI #000946

I picked up a LG-510 last week.

In one word: Awesome!

Tons of great features, and beat the pants off similar-featured StarTacs I was initially considering.

Only drawback I could think of is the manual. At times, it's challenging to read and understand.

The guy at the shop told me the internals were Qualcomm. When I first took the phone out of the box, it had two small Qualcomm stickers on it. From my understanding, Qualcomm does the internals on a lot of mobile phones.

[This message has been edited by Squid (edited 06-08-2001).]

Motorola i1000+ (also sold under the name Nextel). (Over the past 10 years I have purchased, for myself and for family members, 19 cellular phones. 17 of them were Motorola.) If you want rugged, buy Motorola. If you want cute, buy anything else.

------------------
Holger :c{{{<
AKTI Member No: A001324
CKG-F
-----------------------
www.cockroachfarm.com

Motorola

Just upgraded my old digital/Analog StarTac for a new Tri band model.

The guy at the store said that no one who has ever carried a StarTac is ever happy with anything else.

Mike

I tend to go with the smallest phone I can get, but found a good deal on a Timeport, which I decided to jump on even though it is bigger than I'd like. It's a fine phone. In teh past, my only complaint about Motorola has been that while my friends had phones that would last a week on a battery, my experience was that after a 2 month break-in period I'd start getting more like two days with only light use. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the Timeport.

One thing I do recommend. If you think you'll want to go wireless web access sometime in the next coupla years, stick with a CDMA phone like Verizon or Sprint, and get a phone with data capabilities. I just took my Handspring Visor wireless, and it's very cool. I bought a cable that goes between the phone and the Visor. A few minutes of configuration, and I'm surfing the WWW. BTW, Verizon (and Sprint) operate as their own ISPs, so I not paying ANY monthly fees for wireless web access (just airtime, but I have plenty of that with my monthly charge).

The one thing I miss in the Timeport that I did have in my old Samsung is the voice command capabilities. With the Samsung, I could speak the name of someone in my address book (you have to pre-program this capability separately), and the phone would just go ahead and dial that person. That turned out to be a useful capability. The other REALLY useful capability in the Samsung is that it could act as a voice recorder, so it was handy for taking voice notes.

Joe

Back