What cordage do you prefer to carry?

I have carried many types of cordage over the years. I still can't say that I've found something that is the "best". I've been given some great ideas that I have yet to try as well.

Currently I carry a length of 550/Para cord on one knife, some braided fishline on another and surveying line on yet a third knife. In my kits, I have fishline, lightweight nylon rope and in one a large roll of "twine".

What do you really like?

Comments!

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

Plainsman,

I carry 550 cord (all ends are burned):

6 - 10' sections
6 - 3' sections
25' 3 strand braid I made from 550 cord

As long as I tie good knots (I do) this cord has and will last forever. the three strand braid is 12 years old.

------------------
Greg Davenport
http://www.ssurvival.com
Are You Ready For The Challenge?
Are You Ready To Learn The Art Of Wilderness Survival?

GREG: Do you use the 3-strand braid as a heavier rope only? I imagine if you have had it for 12 years, you've never taken it apart, especially with the other lengths!

Thanks!

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

The nice thing about 550 cord is that you can strip it down into very useful smaller cords, or braid/twist it up into heavier ropes. One coil of 550 cord can make snares, fishline, floss, lashes, or rope stout enough to hang from... Unless you have a specific use for some other cordage, why carry soemthing with less utility?

Stryver

My favorites include Nylon Decoy cord, Articical sinew (waxed nylon thread), and dental floss.

------------------
Lee

LIfe is too important to be taken seriously. Oscar Wilde

Back