What did you pick up at Blade?

My official Blade Show haul:)

20190613_1417332.jpg

Hubertus Pen blade release auto
Diskin Revolution Scale release auto
Ultimate Defense Assassin
Evan Miller (@millere) EDC Bowie, can't say enough how nice this is:)
Emerson Gentleman Jim (an amazing gift from Quiet Quiet )
Titanium comb from Spectrum Energetics
A.G. Russell Titanium Funny Folder (always wanted one of these:D)
We (Civivi) knives pen (won in an awesome giveaway from @henkh )

All arrived safe and sound to home base...I can breathe now (I shipped back instead of trusting TSA);)

~Chip

Nice haul! Thanks for sharing your experiences at BladeShow. I get to live vicariously through your adventure! That Bowie is beautiful!

I scored an embarrassment of riches, I'll grab some shots and post up shortly.

- Terrain 365 Nautilus Alpha - I won this in a lottery, picked it up straight from Michael Vagnino (yes, THAT Michael Vagnino, he's an absolute gentleman)
- CPK FK2
- CS AD15 already smoothed out by my friend WValtakis WValtakis
- 25th Anniversary Microtech Ultratech
- Terrain 365 - PDW Invictus
- Swissbianco SAK in Kelly Green
- New ring and coin from my friend Hellgnome (Ocu_lar on IG)
- New bead from GrumpyEDC

- Olamic Cutlery Whippersnapper prototype (new model released at BLADE 2019, absolutely amazing) I got this direct from Eugene and his Dad. I'm grateful to call them friends of mine.
- Olamic Cutlery Rainmaker
- Brad Zinker Custom framelock flipper (Mr. Zinker is another amazing gentleman, and a fellow Floridian!!)

Wow! You went prepared to gather some bounty! You have great taste in blades!

Nice haul! Thanks for sharing your experiences at BladeShow. I get to live vicariously through your adventure! That Bowie is beautiful!

Wow! You went prepared to gather some bounty! You have great taste in blades!

That's pretty much my plan these days, my friend! I don't buy many knives during the year, and put money away so I can get what I need when I see it at BLADE. It worked for me very well this year!! Thank you again!

I didn’t go to Blade this year with any set purchase agenda. It was more about spending time with friends old and new. That made the whole experience fun and relaxed than previous years.

I did manage to score some great knives over the weekend. My first purchase was a Holt Specter. What a smooth and well made knife that is. Second was a Kephart from Dan Eastland (aka “Dogwood Dan”.) My final purchase was a chef knife from Ban Tang. I mised out on a Diskin Knives flipper I was interested in buying.

I also made a trade for a beautiful Vildmark by Chris Linton at Osprey Knife & Tool.

I have to say that my favorite purchase of the weekend was the Ban Tang chef knife. It has been used every day since. It handles & slices like a dream.

I received a couple of exceptional knives as gifts from dear friends at the start of the weekend, but that is a story for another thread.

Of course discussing the days events with friends in the Pit is always a highlight. This was my favorite Blade Show experience so far.

Phil

I also went to meet up with friends new and old. Was my first time going to bladeshow. Wow! Lol. 10’s of thousands of knives and i only left with two. Lol.
My greatest joy was the people i saw and got to have conversations with. Some friends i had never met face to face, but have chatted with for a long while.
And...doh! I forgot about “the pit”. Never made it there. Oh well, theres always next year right?
9847FAEC-D8A4-4E7A-A158-B586A7A3F554.jpeg

I also went to meet up with friends new and old. Was my first time going to bladeshow. Wow! Lol. 10’s of thousands of knives and i only left with two. Lol.
My greatest joy was the people i saw and got to have conversations with. Some friends i had never met face to face, but have chatted with for a long while.
And...doh! I forgot about “the pit”. Never made it there. Oh well, theres always next year right?
View attachment 1148003

Nice scores!
Is that an Arno Bernard folder? I thought he only made fixed blades, but that is gorgeous!

Unlike previous BLADE show visits, I was only allowing myself one "significant" purchase. As I mentioned before, I really enjoyed my day at the show.

Nice scores!
Is that an Arno Bernard folder? I thought he only made fixed blades, but that is gorgeous!

That is an Arno Bernard Rinkhals. Their new slipjoint. It is excellent. Its my second one. I definitely suggest putting one on your list. It wont disappoint you.
This one has warthog ivory. Excellent walk and talk.

The Lionsteel tispine was exciting for me to aquire. Ive wanted one for a long time, and even though im not too much into production folders at the moment, its been years of desire. I place a want ad for a tispine or aculus (my first choice) here on BF...no luck.
The price of a tispine here in Canada is astronomical, and hey, got it at par at bladeshow, so i couldnt say no.
Now that i have it, im impressed. Opening hole is a little sharp...but i can fix that. ;)

That is an Arno Bernard Rinkhals. Their new slipjoint. It is excellent. Its my second one. I definitely suggest putting one on your list. It wont disappoint you.
This one has warthog ivory. Excellent walk and talk.

Thanks for the info, very nice looking piece.
We must have similar tastes; the Aculus has been on my list forever too but I keep putting it off. I believe one purveyor still has them in stock. Glad to hear it's lived up to your expectations.

I scored an embarrassment of riches, I'll grab some shots and post up shortly.

- Terrain 365 Nautilus Alpha - I won this in a lottery, picked it up straight from Michael Vagnino (yes, THAT Michael Vagnino, he's an absolute gentleman)
- CPK FK2
- CS AD15 already smoothed out by my friend WValtakis WValtakis
- 25th Anniversary Microtech Ultratech
- Terrain 365 - PDW Invictus
- Swissbianco SAK in Kelly Green
- New ring and coin from my friend Hellgnome (Ocu_lar on IG)
- New bead from GrumpyEDC

- Olamic Cutlery Whippersnapper prototype (new model released at BLADE 2019, absolutely amazing) I got this direct from Eugene and his Dad. I'm grateful to call them friends of mine.
- Brad Zinker Custom framelock flipper (Mr. Zinker is another amazing gentleman, and a fellow Floridian!!)
How well does the Invictus hold its edge? I’m thinking about picking one up.

- Brad Zinker Custom framelock flipper (Mr. Zinker is another amazing gentleman, and a fellow Floridian!!)[/QUOTE]

Nice haul!! That rainmaker is stunning.

How well does the Invictus hold its edge? I’m thinking about picking one up.

Candidly speaking, I haven't carried it. I purchased it because I liked that it had the TAD design (which makes sense given that Patrick Ma is co-owner of Terrain 365). I don't expect that this knife will ever see anything even remotely resembling "hard use", so I can't really tell you with any authority. I was told that given that the blade is essentially cast cobalt, it will "self-sharpen" when used, but I'm always skeptical of claims like that so I just nodded and said "That's awesome, thank you!". Either way, I bought the knife, so they already had me LOL

20190613_1417332.jpg

Evan Miller (@millere) EDC Bowie, can't say enough how nice this is:)

I am very happy you enjoy the bowie, and glad it has such a good home! Thank you for sharing, you picked up quite a haul at Blade and glad you had a great time.
Evan

That little thing is so cool... Evan, do you have a gallery of your work and details?

I do wish I would have picked up a fellhoelter tibolt that uses standard pilot g2 cartridges as now I can't figure out which one does.

Wait, there's a Fellhoelter Ti-Bolt that uses G2 refills? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Back