What did you rehang today?

Almost:
Schienbeinbrecher is almost correct, but both words are written separately: Schienbein Brecher. And we use the metric system, so that would be 66CM or just 66 ;)

But the main question is, how did that name come about?

For all you who cant read German:

Schienbein = Shinbone or just Shin
Brecher = breaker
So its called "Shinbone Breaker" or "Shin Breaker".

And for anyone wondering: Its the Tibia, not the Fibula ;)

I was just having fun - it's 3.5lbs+ on a 26" handle and I was poking fun at the fact I don't know who made it and if you miss what you are aiming at, it lands right about at your shin.

I'm a little short on D-shaped eye handles here :)

How do you know???? :D

Not so much for me: All my nerve endings are dead below the knee (as well as below the elbow on my arms), so I wouldn't know. It's usefull though when kicking ash baseball bats in 2 pieces. ;)

Over here it depends on what sort of wood you want and how big the D is. We don't have any standerdised handles in Europe. But The Ochsenkopf mentioned earlier bij jblyttle jblyttle will fit almost anything. Eeven over here its a weird shape, so not all hardware stores have them in stock. If you want I could supply or anyone else for that matter with a couple of manufacturers if you'd like?
Thank you, but I want to try making one for it.

Little 1.5lb beauty on a NOS handle

20190403_130902.jpg

20190403_130946.jpg

:)

Maybe 25-30 years ago, I was running to the front door of the house in the winter and (too late) discovered that the patio was a half inch sheet of ice. I put my foot down running and skated straight into the brick 1 foot tall step before the door. I made contact on the upper corner with the middle of my right shin at a 45 degree angle. I went down grabbing my shin in mind numbing pain. I don''t remember screaming, but it stopped time. I didn't break it, but I broke the skin and chipped the bone. I could see a small hole into the marrow. It did not bleed. Everything ended up fine, but I can feel a small divot into the bone at that spot to this day.

You asked...:)

Maybe 25-30 years ago, I was running to the front door of the house in the winter and (too late) discovered that the patio was a half inch sheet of ice. I put my foot down running and skated straight into the brick 1 foot tall step before the door. I made contact on the upper corner with the middle of my right shin at a 45 degree angle. I went down grabbing my shin in mind numbing pain. I don''t remember screaming, but it stopped time. I didn't break it, but I broke the skin and chipped the bone. I could see a small hole into the marrow. It did not bleed. Everything ended up fine, but I can feel a small divot into the bone at that spot to this day.

Oh man. Good times! That made my stomach turn a little bit.

i'd probably try my best not to look at it to the point of ridiculousness.

when i was younger i was moving concrete chunks (we were re-doing our sidewalk) and my left index finger got pinched.my brother had thrown a rock into the pile that i was taking from to add to the wheelbarrow and my finger got in the middle of that interaction.

evidently it got cut straight to the tendon. didnt know i was bleeding until i flipped my hand over and saw the cut. immediately went to my mom (many years as an EMS) and i didnt learn this until afterwards but she could see my tendons and was picking concrete out of it. i couldnt feel it due to the shock. even typing about it now i feel sick. overall bad experience, 2/10 would not recommend to a friend

You guys have been posting some stunmstu axes and wonderful hangs recently, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I've currently been focusing on building up my arsenal of ratchets sockets and wrenches , not that I often even find any of the hickory handled swinging tools we discuss here.

Back