What do ya got for lanyards?

I just picked up a saunter and want to put a lanyard on it. For those of you who use lanyards, where did you get them, what do they looked like, etc?

I tie them on with paracord or leather shoe laces. Not all knives only those that need a little more purchase due to a small handle, or as a way to pull it out of my pocket. Either a simple loop or a hangman’s noose. With paracord, I sometimes melt the ends and push them together making a melted permanent bond.

I think I'm going to buy the Buck anvil bead and attempt to make one out of gray and black paracord for my Saunter. I saw a pic on this forum from a fellow who made one for his Saunter. Looked great.

I have never owned any kind of knife with one..But I might try it! As Neuropathy creeps in a better grip sounds great. I have a Ex son in law who used to make some cool looking 'projects' to pass the time. I like open top shieths and a nice guy here on the Forum developed one for a 110. If you like back pocket carry with no shieth one might be perfect.

I like a true lanyard as opposed to a fob. Full disclosure: I have an orange paracord fob on my 110LT so I can find it if I drop it. I find fobs sometimes get in the way (as much as lanyards) but lanyards have more utility. I’ve said it often — I wish buck put a lanyard hole in the 110. If I know I’m going to be working around water, I’ll throw some paracord or gangion cord through the lanyard hole to make the knife fast to myself. If I want to be fancy, I tie a knife lanyard knot. Otherwise I just use a fisherman’s knot.

Bought mine from Busse knives @ the Knob Creek machine gun shoot a few years ago. They have held up well and are available on their website.

I just made a lanyard for my Mini Bugout with Flytanium Micarta scales.
HgD5iP7.jpg

This is a simple homemade paracord snake knot. The Budgie, being such a short knife, feels much more secure in the hand with the lanyard. Picking up a Saunter is definitely on my to-do list...

Back