What do you clean your Sharpmaker stones with?

I'm going to get a Spyderco Sharpmaker within the next month, and I was just curious about how to keep the stones clean. I think I read on the Spyderco website that I am supposed to use some kind of light abrasive or something to clean the stones, but I don't know anything about abrasives. How do you guys clean your stones? Do I have to use an abrasive? If so, what abrasive would you recommend? Thanks for your help.

just ajax cream cleaner with a scourer. not a metal wire one.. just the rough plastic dish scourers like the double sided ones with sponge on one side.

AG Russell Rust Eraser and the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser work well without a huge mess and lots of drying time.

Mike

I use CLR tile cleaner and a green scrubby on my crock sticks. Takes about 10 seconds.

I clean them with Ajax or Comet, with a plastic scrubber pad as everyone else says. But since I'm at my sink when I do it, I just throw them in the dishwasher afterwards and run them through a normal cycle.

Been working fine for me...

Ajax or Comet cleanser with a scotchbrite pad. Done in very little time.

I used to use Simple Green on a blue shop towel. Then, every so often, I'd use Comet and a nylon pad at the sink. All the while, everyone was lauding these Magic Eraser things.

I was at Lowes and right there at the checkout I see these boxes of Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. Cheap, so I bought a box. This is good stuff!!!!

You take a Magic Eraser pad (sort of like a white sponge), run some water over it, and scrub your Sharpmaker stones. Clean as a whistle. That's what I'm using now.

Back