• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

What do you do when you mess up a trade?

Had a trade with a member on the exchange. He was brand new to the forums so I had him ship first. His end cleared and arrived in perfect condition. I accidentally wrote the wrong zip code on the box (mixed up a number), and now its in a different city (everything else is the same). The knife should arrive to him in a few days (a couple day delay). But would you do something to make it up, or just apologize repeatedly? I feel bad because I've never had this happen, and it was a stupid mistake that was entirely my fault, but I don't know what I can do to really make things better.

Advice is definitely appreciated!

How about sending him a lanyard, polishing cloth, or something?

If it's an honest mistake and he gets his knife,
I would hope that he considers the deal square.

You've apologized.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Sounds like you want to make it right. Ask him what he'd like you to do. If he's a reasonable guy, chances are it won't be a big deal.

If it's an honest mistake and he gets his knife,
I would hope that he considers the deal square.

You've apologized.

Everyone makes mistakes.

What he said.

You obviously had nothing to gain by sending it to the wrong city, so this was clearly a mistake. Those happen. Sending him something else might be nice, but certainly not obligatory.

I would post positive feedback to help the new member get established, and probably even something in the feedback forum.

If it was me, I would make a video of me slapping myself with a fish while apologizing profusely with tears running down my face.... and then send it to him.

No need to send him (me) anything. I understand that things happen and the box was delivered today with the incorrect zipcode. USPS came through just wish they wouldn't have marked it delivered on Saturday.

justchadsmith... welcome to the forums. You're starting off with a big plus in your favor by demonstrating that you're a class act. I'll be happy to trade with you anytime with no reservations at all. worshipNtribute... your ratings speak for themselves. You are also a reputable trader/buyer/seller with whom BF members have had nothing but positive dealings. AFAIC, both of you are the kind of members that I trust and will be happy to deal with.

I think this issue should be considered resolved and closed.

That video needs to be posted to this thread... it's not an apology if it's not public ;)

If it was me, I would make a video of me slapping myself with a fish while apologizing profusely with tears running down my face.... and then send it to him.

:D

I have to say when I first saw the title of this thread I thought someone had done something so bad they'd brought an entire trade (eg knife-making) into disrepute! :D This is not an invitation to post examples of that BTW!

No need to send him (me) anything. I understand that things happen and the box was delivered today with the incorrect zipcode. USPS came through just wish they wouldn't have marked it delivered on Saturday.

Welcome to Bladeforums :)

It's always nice to see one of these threads end on appositive note. Welcome to Bladeforms justchadsmith! You seem like the kind of person we are always happy to have join us.

You know what they say: slap yourself with a fish and you amuse another man for a day, but teach another man to slap himself with a fish ...

justchadsmith... welcome to the forums. You're starting off with a big plus in your favor by demonstrating that you're a class act. I'll be happy to trade with you anytime with no reservations at all. worshipNtribute... your ratings speak for themselves. You are also a reputable trader/buyer/seller with whom BF members have had nothing but positive dealings. AFAIC, both of you are the kind of members that I trust and will be happy to deal with.

I think this issue should be considered resolved and closed.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Back