What do you think about knife catalogs?

What would you like to see in a Knife Catalog?

• Knife pics!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "In Use" pics

• Outdoor settings with gear

• Guys

• Girls

• Pets

• "Making Of" process pics

• Other (specify in your post)

• Total voters
No. A much more polished web presence would be more beneficial then a catalogue in my opinion.

Agreed - it helps if a maker has an up to date presence on wait times, knife prices, etc.

Don't get me wrong...updated, high resolution pics are always appreciated.

One annoying thing some website stores do is list things that are out of stock. Even worse is when it takes a few steps to discover they don't really have any for sale.

These have been mentioned earlier...."straight on" shots that show the true outline/profile of the knife. Shots at an angle can be dramatic looking (and I like them) but often obscure the relationship between the handle and blade as well as the true knife dimensions. Pictures that show a full tang (or lack thereof), distal tapers (if any), pin/rivet details and even blade grind. I also like seeing an object in the picture that will help with a visual determination of size and scale (along with stated dimensions). I've rather hurriedly purchased a few knives that I really liked the materials, shape, and overall appearance of to find that they were significantly smaller than I expected (my fault and I still kept and liked them). Keep up the good work.

One annoying thing some website stores do is list things that are out of stock. Even worse is when it takes a few steps to discover they don't really have any for sale.
Agreed-typically a catalog indicates items are in stock ready to ship. Except for Randall knives which is a special weird case-"orders today will take 4 years but since were a year behind it will take 5 years"??????
That's why I typically don't buy Randall-admittedly-I do have a few though-through trades etc.. I don't really see the point of a catalog of stuff that isn't ready to ship. I have quite a few Koster knives that were all many months past the original finish date.I am now waiting for a 2nd run MUCK that was ready to be fiished about now?

Back