What do you think about next RESILIENCE™ LIGHTWEIGHT CPM® S35VN™ ?

Hi, I am starting to plan my Christmas presents, and for me I am evaluating to "present myself" a CPM® S35VN™ knife. I saw the "next to come" RESILIENCE™ LIGHTWEIGHT, and I think it would be a good choice:
- big enough to be used to slice food, cut ropes, some other medium tasks but not very heavy;
- I think a CPM® S35VN™ blade to have a good "all around" steel: if I wanted a smaller blade just for cutting, no stress, I would choose a S90V™ one, if I wanted a blade for chopping or batoning, I would choose a fixed blade in 3V™ or the like
- a good design;
- a sharp point but not weak;
- Spyderco quality
- good price

But just three questions:
- I am used to Spyderco blades made in USA or Seki (Japan), how are these "new" Chinese blades?
- do you have an approximate idea of when it will be available? there are always more Pandemic delays...
- comments about this choiche of mine? Pros and Cons of this knife?

Thanks for your comments and information.

All the best.
Falcenberg

F Falcenberg , I have been waiting for this knife ever since I heard it was being made. I currently carry a Resilience every day, but the 8Cr13MoV steel tends to rust a bit in the plunge line on hot days when I sweat. So S35VN is going to be a step up for me on that front, as well as the increased edge retention. The Resilience is already my favorite folding knife, so you won't get any contradiction from me about your thought to get one of the new lightweights in S35Vn.

Has anyone heard when it will be out? I have the tenacious lightweight in s35 and while a bit pricey, the overall quality in terms of fit,finish smoothness is a step up. Feel better in my hand over the g10 in my opinion. Can't wait for the big one.

Out of all the choices coming out to buy the one I'm excited by just ... won't. Sigh... the life of s knife knut lol

I've got several "S.O.B.'s" in S35, and it's a real good choice.
... Assuming the heat treatment is right...

Back