What do you think of the new Busse Sword?

There's good stuff in there, but to get to it I'd have to remove the handles, strip the paint, grind the tang back to be flush with the abominable choil, and full convex grind the blade. By then I'd have a really nice blade with an off-center stick tang and would need to send it out for fittings. When all is said and done I'd have a pretty nice sword and would probably wish I'd bought a real ken and spent the rest on, oh, appliances or books or something.

But man, that will make someone happy.

Correction: sorry, I think the choil would make the stick tang approach impossible because to get the tang flush with the back of it I'd end up bumping into the existing pin holes. Why there is a frickin CHOIL on a 31" blade is beyond strange, but Busse keeps their lights on and fridges full so who am I to criticize.

I guess for me, what it comes down to is that i want blades that i can actually USE

i don't expect to ever be in a situation where a sword is the right tool for the job, but if i am, i want the sword that i have to be up to every task i might need
A katana will excel a slicing human parts off, but wouldn't last long if used to baton logs or chop limbs to create a temporary shelter

A busse sword will do as well against human targets, but hold an edge MUCH longer, and it also doubles as a survival tool

honestly, you're living in a fantasy if you think a sword is for "batoning"

i certainly didn't say it was FOR batoning, but the busse is CAPABLE of batoning without any issue if needed

Plenty of AK's and Ruki's have been batoned. My vavorite video is batoning an 8 foot or so log.

Yes, I have a tank of a De Leon and a BMF I have used to split wood but with axes at hand, those are handier.

My point is that I don't plan on cutting up cars, or splitting eight foot rails. If folk want to pay the freight for the Busse products as proof of wonderment, that is fine with me. I would rather get more 18th and 19th century swords that I can and do cut with. I have no need to further supplement my zombie or survival kits. Yes I do cut with sound antiques but as swords are expected to perform, not what is rather unrealistic circumstance.

Whatever you desire, really. Have a nut ;)

Cheers

GC

I can't wait to see what it feels like with the fullers. My wife wants to know where I'm going to put it lol

zoom in on the pic and turn up the brightness. There's a full length fuller hiding in there, maybe 3" from the scales to 4" from the tip. Sweet..

The AK47 was less then $600 why in the hell is this sword $1500? Couple inches longer makes it two and a half times more, what was Busse thinking when pricing it?

i don't know, but monday, i'm putting in my order for an AK47... i am going to pass on this one.

I love my AKs but I've always wanted one longer. This is like an improved dragon's fang for a third the price.

Not going to lie, Busse swords never really cut it for me, particularly not at the price point. I mean, I'm sure they're wonderful, and all that. But while INFI may be wonderful stuff, I haven't really noticed it being functionally several times better than other options, some of which are a tenth the price. I'd rather not pay for hype when there are other options that are much cheaper, and very nearly as good (and that's assuming INFI actually is better, which I haven't really seen yet). But that's just me. I'm sure it's a great blade, and that it performs very well, but there's a lot about it that strikes me as off, and I just don't think it's worth MY money.

That being said, it looks like something I would expect to see Sephiroth wielding.

I have one ordered. For you guys that know a lot more about sword handling, I ordered G10 scales because I like them better on knives. Do you think it would handle better with micarta scales that weigh less? It seems to me the extra weight of G10 would help.

Oh , and I like it. I am, however, more an "Assault Rifle" kind of guy than a "Sword" .........guy.

I have one ordered. For you guys that know a lot more about sword handling, I ordered G10 scales because I like them better on knives. Do you think it would handle better with micarta scales that weigh less? It seems to me the extra weight of G10 would help.

can't answer that question without knowing the point of balance or holding one of each in my hand

balance is more important than weight when it comes to handling

I wondered about the point of balance since a sword that long really does need a significant amount of distal taper to get it to handle properly without a metal guard and pommel to act as a counterweight.

It probably doesn't have any distal taper, but it looks like the grip is several inches longer than an AK's, and the full length fullers to lighten the blade, which none of them have had before except the gladius

I'm digging the length. I like it better than the shorter ones. I wouldn't mind having one, but price is a consideration. I'd probably spring for a Gladius first, but if I got to hold one and it was sweet...

Oh, and here's food for thought. :D

202100787.jpg

Yeah, I know, proves nothing. ;)

Last edited:
Long bladed, high impact and torque is where Infi really shines.

If I had the money, I would have placed a pre order through a proxy.

Not a practical sword. But, a 4 foot sword with modern handle materials is not meant to be "practical"

It would just plain be fun!

Chop trees, cars, telephone poles, what ever. Infi can take it.

I won't ever chop a car into pieces, or concrete, or hack through a steel logging chain for fun (like some).

But when I smack a rock chopping with my big Infi, I sure appreciate the steel.

Back