What Do You Think of the Stainless ATR?

I (really luckily) found a titanium ATR a long time ago in a family friend's house; he gave it to me (yeah, i know :D). I was wondering what everybody thought about the stainless versions, and if I should pick one up to match it? Which finish would you go for? How does the handle feel, SE or PE, etc.? Thanks for the help in deciding what my next purchase will be. God bless, Happy New Year.:)

I have a black pe it is an awesome knife I absolutely love it I wish I could get ahold of the titanium versions. I cuts well, its practically bomb proof, and its simple construction makes it super easy to keep clean. Its VG-10 so no real surprises it holds an edge and gets sharp the point is strong and its slim so carry is a breeze. The handle isnt very slick on the black one compared to the satin finish. The clip is kind of hard to draw at times it really is a strong clip. No chance of it snapping off or losing the knife with. Overall its an excellent knife, the only downside for me is no tip down carry.

the Ti and SS versions of the ATR are very similar in dimensions and weight, main difference being more holes drilled in the handle i suppose to get the weight down to the Ti, i have 3 Ti ATR's and have had 2 SS models, nothing at all wrong with the SS models at all, of course the Ti has better blade steel also. the handles on the 2 are very similar so the grip is pretty much ther same.

PE/SE just depends on what ya are gonna use it for/whatcha gonna cut/watcha like i personally carry my PE ATR a lot more than my SE.

Back