What Do You Want To See This Year?

JK Knives

My motto has always been "Your Design Or Mine." I like to make knives to the customers specs, or one-offs. Jake Williams came up with the Scout, C Bryant has the Baby Kephart and CB Kephart, and often sends me drawings to ponder over. Horny Toad has his special Kephart, and one that after a few modifications, became the E.W.O.K. Stanley White had his super fat Kephart, and I `m sure I`m forgetting a few. The hatchet that was mentioned elsewhere will become a reality, probably in the next couple of months. So let`s see your ideas, either make a cardboard cutout and post it here, send it to me, or let`s just discuss it here, and get everybody`s input.

Hmm... a 3/32" chinese cleaver. It's the style of knife I use in the kitchen. I looked at some higher end production ones, but I'd dig on a custom.

Last edited:
Id like to see a super thin fillet knife with around a 5in blade. Thin and narrow.

Im totally in for a hatchet too.

Id also like to see a machete or Golok.

Hey John,

Since you usually post photos of recently completed knives, how about a sticky thread of knives that are finished and ready to ship. Something for the recipients to get excited about and give everyone else ideas for their next JK purchase. What do you think?

Jeff

Hey John,

Since you usually post photos of recently completed knives, how about a sticky thread of knives that are finished and ready to ship. Something for the recipients to get excited about and give everyone else ideas for their next JK purchase. What do you think?

Jeff

Good idea. John, you want versatility, but don't want to spread yourself too thin. That said, I want to see some new ideas. A golok or a huge camp knife sounds good ;).

A cool-as-hell 8" camp knife/chopper would be neato. :D But a scandi would be neat too (have no idea if anything complicated is involved with those), with big round handles. Course I haven't handled the bushcrafter yet to make a judgment there.

Edited to add: What the hell is up with the 'posting delay' on BF?? Every time I submit a reply there's a thirty second delay...

Excuse the rushed drawing, but I was thinking of maybe something like this out of 1/8" stock with a thin convexed grind.....

P1130015.jpg

I like that pit! Simple but effective. I'd want the blade stretched by .5" and the handle by .25", but still a good design.

I am picturing one with a full size handle,3/32 thick, 2 7/8 inches long(under 3 inches for those pesky unfriendly states) with a wider Nessmuk like blade. Something I could carry on my belt no matter where I am and wear it proudly.

Last edited:
OK , heres the knife Ive been looking for.Its the reason I joined Blade Forums. I do a lot of fishing , canoeing... This was the perfect companion for me.

I carried a Schrade UH164 for several years.It was stolen a year ago. It was close to a Bird and Trout design. I want a really good stainless steel. Its going to get wet and stay wet. If I can find a picture Ill post it. Thats the only design Im willing to pay for at the moment. Tight finances.

Heres the knife. Something very similar to this is what Im looking for.

Last edited:
This is it on my belt. Friction sheath, always ready. Thin blade can reach inside a gill and cut line. Do you make one similar to this?

Last edited:
I don`t do stainless, sorry. Maybe down the road when I can afford a furnace.

I didnt know stainless required a different process. Im sorry.

Deleted the pics. We only want pics of your knives .;)

Last edited:
Back