What do you WANT??

Quality, consistency, and affordability.

A folder, a chopper, and something like a Busse AK-47.

Big, affordable, Choppers. Khukuri's, Bowie's, Machete's. Something that is extremely big, and extremely tough and priced like a user should be. I cringe at using blades that cost me more than $200. That is my honest opinion. If you could come up with a 3V chopper for around $200, that would own the market.:thumbup::thumbup:

Whatever you guys do though will be awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Oh yeah, and an unconditional lifetime warranty like the warranties offered by my other 4 favorite knife companies. That would be awesome and icing on the cake.

Availability. Don't want to/Shouldn't have to wait for a model to be back into production!

Value. Don't price yourselves out of the market! $2xx is reasonable for a production knife. $4xx+ isn't!

Sheath included. Lanyard would be a nice but not necessity.

~3" EDC named Pug :)

SATIN finish as standard, or as an option.

No more coated blades please!

If it has to be done to save costs, then offer the satin finish as a (slightly) more expensive option :D

Thanks for asking and good luck! :thumbup:

I'd love to see some knives for the crowd that likes simple designs and good cutting performance.

You guys need a Nessmuk.

I'd love to see some knives for the crowd that likes simple designs and good cutting performance.

You guys need a Nessmuk.

:thumbup:
I love the Koster Nesses, and I would love to see these guys collaborate on one.
:thumbup:

What I want?
Good price points. Over $300 is custom territory. I have a hand-forged 7" bowie with a Kenny Rowe sheath that I picked up for under $300 bucks at the NYKS. NO factory knife can compare, at that price.

Warranty as good as Busse or Scrapyard. I have almost every scrapyard release, due to their unparallelled bang for the buck, and outstanding warranty.
I do not have more than a couple of Busse blades, due to pricing. A comparable blade from SR or the Scrapyard is almost half the price.

Quality like I have come to expect from Mr. Koster. The Nessie I bought from him a month or so ago is one of the nicest primitive knives I have ever had the priviledge to own. It is so obviously a tough little brute, that I never even inquired what his warranty is, cause I never plan on having to find out. To put it simply, the knife is tougher than I am.
This is how I would expect to feel when I get a box with a K9 blade in it. That I spent my money in the best way possible; that I got the very best.

All this being said, I cannot wait for this release. I check this site sometimes twice a day, to read the posts, and to see what's up.

Oh,one more thing. A satin finish. I am so sick of black bladed knives. I am not a ninja.
I will not be taking out sentries in the wee hours of the morning.
One of the things that appeals to me about my little Nessie is that it has a nice rough forged finish. I can screw around with it, and it still passes as new. Literally. A satin knife is along the same lines. You can use it, and sheath it, without destroying the finish evert time.

What I'd like...
A three inch blade...7" overall. 3/16th thick. drop point.simple sheath. Scales lightly textured...any color not black.
An every day carry with a good blade geometry that wont freak people out but will be able to handle anything from peeling an apple to breaking down large game.
I want good quality control and good warrenty/customer service when something slips thru.
That's what I want ...with a decent price.:D

I gotta give reasons here.
3 inch blade...I can do almost anything with that. Maybe not easily but it can be done. 2 7/8 would get by most knife restrictions.
7" overall...a good size without being so long it's noticable when I sit down. I hate jumping in the truck and getting a handle in the ribs.
3/16th thick...thick enough for strength with out ending up with a mini-chisel.
I want a good slicing geometry and you can't get that with a thick blade.
Drop point...good all around blade profile.
Sheath...I too don't like sending off a knife once I get it.
scales textured...don't want my hand to slip. color...simply prefrence.:)

I would like beautiful designs (what I'm seeing so far looks great), very good steel (what I'm seeing so far looks great), attractive blade finish (I'm a sucker for the Busse DC so I'm loving your Smoke finish), lifetime warranty that travels with the knife (?). Note that anything over $250 and I have to think very seriously about whether or not I would ever use it in the field, that makes it much less fun.

A Hatchet could be fun.

I totally agree with shying away from the "Collector" mindset of doing nothing but a load of limited runs. I understand the desire not to flood the market with your product, but it really sucks to want a Busse Battle Mistress and have my only option be to find someone who will sell it to me for a hefty markup from they originally cost.

I would love to see cycles of all the knives you'll make. That way I can know ahead of time that March will be a knife type 4 cycle, but come June there will be a knife type 6 cycle and so on.

1. THIN edges. I've seen your Spyderco regrinds and to me, that is a lot closer to the proper edge for a knife to have than 99% of what Is ee from factory knives. I'd love to see some smaller knives with real acute profiles, like 18 degrees inclusive and less.

2. Good sheathing systems. I typically EDC a large, locking folder, a small multitool and maybe a slipjoint. The reason I pick the locking folder over the fixed blade is mainly because it's easier and more convenient to carry. Granted I haven't tried many fixed blades and sheathing systems, but a good system of carry would mean anything I buy from you would come out for more than just some use out in the woods.

3. Interesting steel variety. Some plain 1095, some 62+RC 13C26 or similar and some of the steels that people mention you rarely ever see in knives, like M4 or S90V for example.

4. Variety of styles. A nice flowing cutting edge with some beautiful wood or stag scales, as well as single piece, more tactical style knives.

5. Kind of going back to #2, in addition to larger knives and medium general purpose blades, some smaller knives (3 inch blade or less) meant for a compact EDC would be nice to see. Any creative solutions for people like me that are on the fence with carrying a fixed blade would interest me. Something will a full sized grip thats very secure in the hand with a blade of 2.75 to 3.5 inches designed primarily for cutting but with a spine thickness to keep it tough (1/8 inch seems reasonable for this size to me?)

6. One more time, I would love to finally see some production knives with acute edges.

Other than that the comments about keeping away from the Busse style of production (Low volume limited runs that demand high price after the initial stock is sold in 1.23 seconds) and trying to keep the price down as much is reasonably possible for you guys. But hey, the better the knife, the more we're all willing to pay.

Range of sizes 3-4 fixed blades and a folder or two to start out, not limited production runs a la Busse unless it's in addition to a regular line, included sheaths, warranty, keep prices down as much as possible for a quality product, real, usable practical designs with the cutting ability you are both known for, and no coatings (finishes are ok, but I like a nice patina).

Tom you make great stuff. How about a pointing dog bird and trout gentlemen's knife. Smallish, strong, a touch of class.

wow...If you guys come close to all of this, you'll have 40 knives in production!

For me, a 3" to 3 1/2" thin blade folder...nothing too fancy, just a good sharp slicer!

$ 200 to $ 300 is acceptable.

Back